1.    #1  
    So I'm having what I believe is the network search problem -- dail and nothing happens, goes back to phone app -- rings -- can't pick up -- same thing.

This is my 3rd Treo -- and I have Sprint's insurance on the phone. Anyone had any luck convincing them to give them a 650 (I'm very willing to pay the diff) instead of just replacing the 600.

This is a great phone -- when it works -- but it's driving me mad replacing it every 3-6 months!
    I'm in the same boat as you, but I haven't had the opportunity to haggle with the manager at my local Sprint store to try this yet. When I do, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Me too - I'm on #4, and they just keep getting worse.

First one lasted 10 months before succumbing to the network search problem; 2nd one the vibrator was DOA, third one the nav pad center button quit after 2 months; this one (which I got yesterday) has a bad cable connector.

So, since I don't want yet another refurb, I too tried to get a trade up. Two different Sprint reps (one at a store, one on the phone) told me I could not trade up, because I've had my current phone less than 18 months. According to these reps, it goes by the in-service date of the the handset, not by the contract date or by the original in-service date. Since I got this unit yesterday, I am not eligible to trade up until 2007.

However, when I checked the Sprint PCS rebate web site (http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp), it says I'm eligible in April of this year, which would be 18 months after my original hand set was put in service.

One way or another, I'm done with these refurbs in April - even if it means switching to a new carrier to get the rebate.
    I took my Treo600 in 3 times over the past week to have the gliche in the keyboard fixed because it kept lopping off my text messages. They offered to replace the phone with a refurbished 600. I voiced my concerns with their policy. "I bought a new phone, so I want a new phone in exchange, not some used piece of junk with more problems." The tech guy was a sweetheart and completely agreed with my reasoning. He offered me a 650 upgrade that had just been returned under the 14-day policy. I agreed that that was a fare exchange. Of course fellas, I have tatas and a killer smile, so you might not be so lucky. Good luck. I'm moving on to the 650 board.
    My messages get truncated sometimes too, Is this a keyboard problem? I also have a green square in the lower right corner. I've only had it 32 days.

Time to ask for a replacement?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I'm on my 5th Treo 600 and it won't be my last. I got this one a week ago and the touch screen just completely died. Won't recognize anything, ever.

I got them to offer me $150 off the Treo 650 once but it wasn't worth it to me since the 650 doesn't seem to have anything I want except a better screen (plus it has less memory).
    Dragonman - When I took the T600 in the third time, the tech told me to leave it for a couple of hours so he could work on the keyboard problem. I said, that's fine, but when I return I really need this machine to be fixed once and for all. I can't look incompetent sending clients lopped off, incomplete sentences. He paused for a sec and said, "You know, why don't we just replace it, because I don't know what's wrong with it." That's when I voiced my concern about their replacement policy. So all that to say, they don't know what the problem is and I wasn't going to settle for them pushing the buck - "call tech" "try a hard reset at home" "try this, maybe that". I didn't yell and scream, I just got them to understand my frustrations and a 650 just happened to be in the back with my name on it.

The Treo 650 is by far superior to the 600, Masonuc, I couldn't see it until I owned it.