1.    #1  
    Ok company uses Exchange 2003, my IT guys are willing to install or open any ports they need to for this to function. What is the best software to allow syncing my outlook over the vision network ?
    Take a look at GoodLink, http://www.good.com
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Ok company uses Exchange 2003, my IT guys are willing to install or open any ports they need to for this to function. What is the best software to allow syncing my outlook over the vision network ?
    Good would be an ideal solution, but if you want free, just use VersaMail with ActiveSync. It just runs over port 443 with the front-end, publicly accessible Exchange server. Your Exchange admins should be able to tell you if ActiveSync is enabled and open to outside connections.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyder81
    Good would be an ideal solution, but if you want free, just use VersaMail with ActiveSync. It just runs over port 443 with the front-end, publicly accessible Exchange server. Your Exchange admins should be able to tell you if ActiveSync is enabled and open to outside connections.
    Ok I appreciate the reply but I think I have a case of "I dont know what I really want"

The activesync is working but as you undoubtably know it doesnt push mail. I am willing to buy something like chattermail if that will help but do not know how to set things up .. Essentially this is my situation

I have work email (Exchange 2003) and home email (also running on exchange 2003) I want to have both of these PUSHED to me (both are capable of turning on IMAP if that is all that is needed). I also want to sync at least my contacts with Outlook. I don't care if the contact sync only occurs when i plug in physically to hotsync.

Suggestions ?
    "I have work email (Exchange 2003) and home email (also running on exchange 2003) I want to have both of these PUSHED to me (both are capable of turning on IMAP if that is all that is needed). I also want to sync at least my contacts with Outlook. I don't care if the contact sync only occurs when i plug in physically to hotsync."

I would try Snappermail which allows multiple accounts that are POP or IMAP. It will automatically PULL at specific times, opening the Internet connection then closing it when it is done. Palm has committed to porting the Blackberry interface which is push, but I believe it requires a Blackberry server between Exchange and your Treo (the one in Canada that skirts patent protection ;-).
    GoodLink, Visto, Seven?
    Treo 600 GSM
  7.    #7  
    Snappermail looks like just what I need !

I think it just handles the mail portion right ? I am new to Palm I have always had PocketPC .. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get HotSync to sync my outlook calendar/contacts to my device ..
  8.    #8  
    Snappermail looks like just what I need !

I think it just handles the mail portion right ? I am new to Palm I have always had PocketPC .. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get HotSync to sync my outlook calendar/contacts to my device ..
    Hrm ... Well I got snapper working with Imap .. but it isn't "pushing" i have to hit sync .. how do I set it up so that when new mail arrives it is pushed to my phone instantly ?
    Use ChatterEmail if you want pushed IMAP email.

Marc
    snapper won't push Imap. BUT what you can do is virtually the same as push is use an app called treohelper. You can do many things with it. The most important is it will launch Snappermail to fetch new email whenever I receive a sms message from my email to check it. I have to first set my email to send a sms or forward a copy to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com. I also have treohelper to delete the sms before I ever see it. This all works seamlessly in the background. I swear by this setup! This works without a hitch. It's not push but just as good.
    I have been very happy with Chatter (not so big file). I have not used Snapper but heard it was very good (albeit a large file).
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    treoneo - ChatterEmail does a lot more than just push. Being "online" means being able to move messages to folders, load more of messages and attachments, send mail, etc. in real-time and without tying up the Treo.

Marc
    I must tip my hat off to Treoneo. That Method is quite impressive. Good "hack". You get mad props.

If you change the email app to Versamail, then consider that Treoneo has just made a Free push methodoly for the treo.

<applaud>

Link to TreoHelper (Free) http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    snapper won't push Imap. BUT what you can do is virtually the same as push is use an app called treohelper. You can do many things with it. The most important is it will launch Snappermail to fetch new email whenever I receive a sms message from my email to check it. I have to first set my email to send a sms or forward a copy to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com. I also have treohelper to delete the sms before I ever see it. This all works seamlessly in the background. I swear by this setup! This works without a hitch. It's not push but just as good.
    So I am testing out your method but i have come to an impass. I got the SMS to trigger Snappermail. The problem is that is just loads snapper mail but doesnt tell snapper to "send/receive" mail.

Can you specify how you have your snapper/treohelper setup fetch your mail automatically?

Do you just have snapper mail autofetch mail at time increments?

Thanks in advance.

PS: IF you have lightwav, you can do that treohelper does. If you dont have lightwav, treohelper is free.
    Ok I appreciate the reply but I think I have a case of "I dont know what I really want"

The activesync is working but as you undoubtably know it doesnt push mail. I am willing to buy something like chattermail if that will help but do not know how to set things up .. Essentially this is my situation

I have work email (Exchange 2003) and home email (also running on exchange 2003) I want to have both of these PUSHED to me (both are capable of turning on IMAP if that is all that is needed). I also want to sync at least my contacts with Outlook. I don't care if the contact sync only occurs when i plug in physically to hotsync.

Suggestions ?
    If I'm not mistaken, Exchange ActiveSync will push your mail, calendar and contacts to your device. I've used this in the past with the SX66 with no problems. The exchange server sends your device a hidden sms message causing your phone to sync. I haven't set this up yet on the Treo 650 but unless the activesync implementation is crippled I don't see why it wouldn't work the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    If I'm not mistaken, Exchange ActiveSync will push your mail, calendar and contacts to your device. I've used this in the past with the SX66 with no problems. The exchange server sends your device a hidden sms message causing your phone to sync. I haven't set this up yet on the Treo 650 but unless the activesync implementation is crippled I don't see why it wouldn't work the same way.
    Unfortunately, you are 2/3 right when it comes to the Treo 650. Exchange Active sync will NOT sync your contact nor will it sync email sub folders. It only syncs your Inbox and Calendar. But I have 8 email addresses and use rules to move them to different folders, so this does not work for me. I am coming from a PPC platform device as well and was disappointed.

This information can be found on the palmone web site in the support area.

Thus, the only try sync that I have found in my research is the Goodlink. I am receiving my GSM 650 on Monday and setting up my own personal MS Exchange server in March. Results to follow, but I am hopeful.