1.    #1  
    Ok, so I have a 256MB card but even after throwing all my medical programs onto it, I still do not have enough memory!

Here are the only aftermarket programs loaded on my GSM Treo 600:

Bob's Alarm
    Documents2Go
    Epocrates
    Graffiti
    Kool Alarms
    LEDOff
    LightWave
    Ptunes
    SoundRec
    SplashID
    Verichat

The big programs seem to be:
    Documents2Go - Takes about 2Mb or more. Anyone else have this problem? I've deleted most of my documents!
    Verichat - 1Mb seems quite large but I like this program.
    Ptunes - It's taking 2Mb. Is that normal?
    Epocrates - Takes about 2.3Mb but I can't run it off the SD Card and I need this.

Everything else appears to be minimal. Any suggestions?

Physician User
    DataViz (Docs to go people) have a tech app to move most of the application to an SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User

The big programs seem to be:
    Documents2Go - Takes about 2Mb or more. Anyone else have this problem? I've deleted most of my documents!
    Verichat - 1Mb seems quite large but I like this program.
    Ptunes - It's taking 2Mb. Is that normal?
    Epocrates - Takes about 2.3Mb but I can't run it off the SD Card and I need this.

Everything else appears to be minimal. Any suggestions?

Physician User

Okay here's what you can/can't do with the apps you listed:

-DTG can be minimized in ram using the DTG Tool:

http://download.dataviz.com/support/...togo7patch.prc

You can read more about this patch in the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=dataviz+tool

-Verichat can be moved to the card via Zlauncher/PwerRun like app. I do this frequently when I am not using Verichat. However, you can't use Verichat when on the card...that is you can't stay logged on in the backround to receive IMs etc. However, unless your logged on all the time, then moving verichat to the card once in a while shouldn't be a problem.

-Ptunes again can also be moved to the card via Zlauncher. The only reason to keep in in ram is if you use an ringer mangaer like Lightwav etc that requires Ptunes to be in Ram so it can play your mp3 ringers etc. Otherwise you can simply move it to the card via Zlauncher and only launch it when you want to listen to your music. I do this all the time myself. Also, Ptunes stay ram resident even if you launch it from the card and zlauncher will only move it back to the card when the backround functions are closed. It works quite well from my experience...

-Epocrates is a piece of crap bloatware that should be avoided like the plague itself. I've used this app on various palm os devices for a very long time and it has gotten progressively more bloated and unwieldly with every iteration. It is absolutely unconscionable that an app at this stage of development still does not have any sort of expansion card support. If I were you I would ditch that loathsome crap and get Tarascon or something else. But if you still want to keep it then there are a few slight workarounds that barely work. One is to use a tool called AvantageRX
    that moves the main drug db's of Epoc to card. The problem is that AvantageRX has not been updated for a very looog time and thus is quite buggy with the newer versions of Epoc. Furthermore it only moves the main drug Db's to the card and does not work with all the addtional addons that Epoc has now added to its suite. Thus you will have to manually and invidually delete or move these components youself off you Treo. To do this you first have to "unhide" them using a utilty like Zlauncher and then move/delete them. The problem is that every time you sync eprocrates, it will automatically reinstall all this garbage whether you like it or not thus recapturing and bloating your ram again!!! It is very annoying and is why I absolutely hate the app. Basically, its soo much work to get the thing off your ram that it's probably a better idea to get rid of it all together...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Gfunk, you the man. It worked! Who would have thought there was a solution to dataviz DocumentstoGo!? Thanks - PU
    I agree with epocrates being bloatware. I have emailed them four times about SD card support....it cannot be done. Beware of skyscape and lexi as well. They use the SD card but seem to "add" things during their hotsync that uses memory up. I just tried tarascon and so far it seems good.
    I have a number of Skyscape books on my Treo 600, and have put them all on the card in the '\Skyscape' folder. Then used PowerRUN to move the Skyscape application files to the card. Since these are fairly small, I really don't notice any delay when running them with PowerRUN. The only Skyscape files left in RAM are the PowerRUN loader programs that are 3-4k in size for each book and a 84byte 'a68k' file the OS generates. I still have almost 17MB free in RAM and that includes the IBM Java program that takes up about 1.5MB.