Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I tried searching for the answer to this question before posting.

The various Shadowmite hacks/patches seem to be a great success for all you CDMA/Sprint users out there. My question is, what about the GSM version, which is supposedly about to be released by Cingular, among others? Will it also need a similar hack? I'm most interested in voice quality. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to sound like I'm talking through a tin can.

I currently use a 600, and my company uses the Goodlink server software to support wireless Outlook reconciliation. This basically replaces the e-mail and PIM software in the device, so would the Goodlink solution be compatible with a hacked ROM?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmclaurin
    I tried searching for the answer to this question before posting.

The various Shadowmite hacks/patches seem to be a great success for all you CDMA/Sprint users out there. My question is, what about the GSM version, which is supposedly about to be released by Cingular, among others? Will it also need a similar hack? I'm most interested in voice quality. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to sound like I'm talking through a tin can.

I currently use a 600, and my company uses the Goodlink server software to support wireless Outlook reconciliation. This basically replaces the e-mail and PIM software in the device, so would the Goodlink solution be compatible with a hacked ROM?
    Thanks in advance for any answers.

I do not think anyone is in a position to answer these wquestions till the unit is actually shipped and we have time to look it over and use it.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    You should go to the thread: Palm is aware of the modified ROMs.
    Yes, Palm is aware of the ROM patches, but is in total denial of the problems these patches address.

I doubt the GSM T650 will magically have all those issues addressed right out of the box. As Shadowmite's patches will not fix a GSM Treo, you need to clone shadowmite for the GSM side, or gang up on PalmOne and threaten to boycott them. I did.