Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A tech rep from Sprint just left me a message, that a new firmware update will be available the 1st week of Feb (it should take care of the roaming problem). He told me that I had to take the phone to a Sprint store to get this firmware update...

Hope that the sound patch / bluetooth, etc fixes are also included in this update...
    What roaming problem lol
    The roaming thing is probably a Sprint specific problem and the fix may even be comming as much from Sprint as P1, so its possible that the patch to fix that would NOT include the things we assume P1 is working on that cover the 650 in general like DUN, etc.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Is probably just a PRL update
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Take it in for a PRL update??? Guess the tech knows about the *2 thing...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    Take it in for a PRL update??? Guess the tech knows about the *2 thing...
    You will be surprised what techs don't know. I was in a sprint store this weekend and a customer asked a tech a question about the 650, and the tech kindly told the customer he did not know, and that he should check "Treocentral.com" for the answer! After the Tech left and went back to the back, I then answered the mans questions.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    The 650 has a problem with extremely low signals from sprint overriding a roaming signal. Mainly, this cause a phone that appears to be roaming to not be able to dial any number, it just hangs up right away... I've had this happen also. It's a palm issue, no prl update would fix this.

However, please don't post rumors of a update, not one of them had ever been true.. I don't care if the CEO of Palm and Sprint came to your house to tell you about it, I'll believe it when it's a reality, not before...
    I've had the same issues as Shadow with the phone just hanging up immediately after dialing while roaming.
    Once Sprint actually does release a firmware update, what will that mean for those of us who have custom ROM's and patches? Shadowmite, will you have to redo the ROM's to include PalmOne's/Sprint's fixes along with your own customizations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Does the Treo 650 need a PRL update? is there a way to check?
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Does the Treo 650 need a PRL update? is there a way to check?
    In the dialer just hit :menu:I for Phone Info and that will tell your your PRL. Mine's 10025. I'm not sure what the latest is.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    In the dialer just hit :menu:I for Phone Info and that will tell your your PRL. Mine's 10025. I'm not sure what the latest is.
    Hey, good to see you! I didn't realize you came over here! :-)
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    Hey, good to see you! I didn't realize you came over here! :-)
    I've been here longer than you. Just check my join date and post count.

Once I got settled into my Treo 600 and didn't do anything else to it i didn't post much. But since I got my 650, I'm back in the game.
    Mine is 10025 and I got my third 650 on Saturday.
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    anyone know if this update will resolve the phone dial delay problem?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    anyone know if this update will resolve the phone dial delay problem?
    I only got an update about the roaming issue (after calling at least 20 times and going to the freaking store twice). When I get to it, I will post the wav-file of the message I got from the Sprint tech later today...

So we can just hope for other fixes, but nothing was mentioned about it
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    Mine is 10025 and I got my third 650 on Saturday.
    If you hit your 7th T650 then we'll call you the real "Treo Killer"

Someone else already went through six Treo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    If you hit your 7th T650 then we'll call you the real "Treo Killer"

Someone else already went through six Treo's.
    I guess we won't be calling him BenQ, will we?
    A tech rep from Sprint just left me a message, that a new firmware update will be available the 1st week of Feb (it should take care of the roaming problem). He told me that I had to take the phone to a Sprint store to get this firmware update...

Hope that the sound patch / bluetooth, etc fixes are also included in this update...
    When I had my 600, the updates came via web. I received a text message and it downloads to phone and installs.

Does anyone think there is reason to have to go in? Not to mention, not all Sprint stores even have the capability to flash.

Eric
  20.    #20  
    I only got an update about the roaming issue (after calling at least 20 times and going to the freaking store twice). When I get to it, I will post the wav-file of the message I got from the Sprint tech later today...

So we can just hope for other fixes, but nothing was mentioned about it
    Ok... no way to attach a file on the board, so PM me if you are interested in the wav file of the Sprint tech rep or if you can host the file...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast