Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My PRL is 10025, too.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Same here... THat is the latest revision according to sprintpcsinfo.com... Its at the bottom.

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...showpage&pid=9

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    Ok... no way to attach a file on the board, so PM me if you are interested in the wav file of the Sprint tech rep or if you can host the file...
    You can attach files, his add reply and the following extensions are valid"
    Valid file extensions: amr bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdb pdf png prc psd txt zip
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    You can attach files, his add reply and the following extensions are valid"
    Valid file extensions: amr bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdb pdf png prc psd txt zip
    Thanks, I guess I never browsed the additional options... Attached is the zip file with the sprint rep wav-file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ain't nothin' there? WinZip shows nothing in the archive.
    It's there. It's a 748k wav file.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    Thanks, I guess I never browsed the additional options... Attached is the zip file with the sprint rep wav-file.

He says the first week of February not the 1st of February, which will probably be somewhere down the end of February. I'm getting mine today. I hope it comes with the firmware already installed.

Al
    it sounds like a firmware update for roaming. Not for sound issues or anything else.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    What have you exchanged 650's for? I am still on my first one, not because I am satisfied, but because I didn't think I had an adequate reason that they would exchange it
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    I called Sprint about my sound quality issues and they told me to take it to a Sprint store that has a service dept. I did and a tech took it in the back room and about twenty minutes later he gave me my phone back and said it was fixed. I was skeptical but I have not gotten one complaint so far. My sound quality issue seems to be fixed. This was about two weeks ago. I forgot exactly what he said he did. He either said that he flashed the ROM or he installed an update.

If anyone is still having this sound problem issue, I would take it in to a Sprint store that has a service dept.
    He probably flashed it with ROM #1
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Is there any way of identifying if another ROM has been flashed to the unit?
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    Is there any way of identifying if another ROM has been flashed to the unit?
    I would guess any data you've entered would've been wiped clean. That would probably be the most obvious way.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by mahoman
    I called Sprint about my sound quality issues and they told me to take it to a Sprint store that has a service dept. I did and a tech took it in the back room and about twenty minutes later he gave me my phone back and said it was fixed. I was skeptical but I have not gotten one complaint so far. My sound quality issue seems to be fixed. This was about two weeks ago. I forgot exactly what he said he did. He either said that he flashed the ROM or he installed an update.

If anyone is still having this sound problem issue, I would take it in to a Sprint store that has a service dept.
    Could you describe what the sound issue was? Was it poor quality, not loud enough? Just curious. I am not really sure if I have a sound quality issue, seems to work ok but I am always interested in improvement.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I would guess any data you've entered would've been wiped clean. That would probably be the most obvious way.
    All my data remained on the phone. The only thing I noticed was that the date and time was incorrect. I had to manually correct it. I thought the phone would have done this on it's own but it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Could you describe what the sound issue was? Was it poor quality, not loud enough? Just curious. I am not really sure if I have a sound quality issue, seems to work ok but I am always interested in improvement.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric,

The sound issue was the way my voice came out to people on the other end of the call. The same issue that lots of people are complaining about on this forum. People would say that my voice would keep cutting out during a conversation. Sort of like when you have a low signal on the phone. When ever this happened I would check my signal and it would be fine. So I determined there was a problem with the phone itself. Reading this forum confimed it for me. I figured I would call Sprint about this issue to see if there was anything they could do about it. And low and behold, they did. The problem went away.

Not for nothing but it seems Sprint gets a bad rap on this board. For me Sprint has consistently gone over and beyond my expectations of how a company should treat their customers and believe me I am not easy to please. Their customer service is excellent.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I called my local Sprint store here in Harrisburg, PA. They told me that there is a PRL update available and that is all they have for the 650 at this point. The person that I spoke with is aware of the sound issues and custom ROMs. He stated that his regional rep. told them to inform all Treo 650 customers with complaints that Sprint is in the process of developing an update that will address some of the 'common issues' with the unit. I asked what the 'common issues' were, but he wasn't sure.

He further told me that their rep. has advised all the techs in the stores to discourage customers from installing '3rd party ROMs'. They even have some vehicle for reporting units with these ROMs installed. As it was explained to me, any person coming into a Sprint store who states he has a customized ROM installed on his Treo 650 will have his ESN and account information recorded in some database. I didn't tell him that I have ROM #3 installed,

What a joke...
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The 650 has a problem with extremely low signals from sprint overriding a roaming signal. Mainly, this cause a phone that appears to be roaming to not be able to dial any number, it just hangs up right away...
    you can also try disabling digital roaming.

when looking at the phone screen, go to menu, options, Phone preferences and uncheck "Enable Digital Roaming"
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    Why would that help. That would just assure your phone won't work while roaming, wouldn't it?
    I have Sprint - so I've found that it helps keep the phone on the Sprint network.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast