1. ttl
    Hello Everybody,

I'm a new member in treocenter and i have a lot of experience developing Palm OS App.
    so I can help you with a lot of issues.
    When I'm coming to develop a telephony App. i can't open the "Telephony Library" and can't use any of it's functions.
    i call these functions:

err = SysLibLoad('libr','GSM!', &iRefnum);
    err = TelOpen(iRefnum, kTelMgrVersion, &telAppId);

but i don't know what next, because the functions wrote on the telephony
    guide of PalmSource can't be use hear.

Please, is there anyone how know what functions the use next?

Thanks.
  2. JPA
    Hi,

I guess that TelOpen is the PalmSource function...I won't work because Treo 600 does not support the Palm OS Telephony functions. Developer who wants to use the Telephony functions on Treo 600 must use the palmOne Telephony Library functions described in the Treo600_Developer_Reference_Guide.pdf file (page 257). There is also a complete piece of code that show how to load Tel library (Page 262).

However, I prefer using the HsGetPhoneLibrary function (see page 496) that detect and load the correct Phone library (GSM/CDMA).

Here is a sample that use this function, then register for such or such services messages (SMS, Voice...). It's a HB++ sample that call Treo600 APIs.

http://www.handheld-basic.com/forum/...hp?p=9554#9554

Regards,

JPA
    The HB++ team
    Last edited by JPA; 01/24/2005 at 08:44 AM.
  3. ttl
    Hello,

Thanks very much for your help.
    Can you please send me a link for downloading the PalmOne libraries, such as: HsPhone.h and HsPhoneLibrary.h.

Best Regards,
    ttl
  4. JPA
    Hi ttl,

The librairies are of course in the Treo's ROM. For the Treo 600 developer guide as well as the headers, you will need to register to the PalmOne pluggedin program (free). Once registred, you'll be able to download these files.

http://pluggedin.palmone.com/

Regards,

JPA
    The HB++ team
    Hi,

Thanks for your guidance here to use telephone APIs on Palm One Treo 600 device. I am able to open library successfully. But I am not getting any API call which allows me to call a number from my application. Though I am seeing API calls to send SMS and MMS. Palm Telephone manager supplies such APIs but unfortunately it is not available on Treo600.

Do you have any idea how to make speech call from our application

Thanks and Regards,
    Naynesh
  6. JPA
    Hi,

Here is a HB++ sample that show how to dial from your application:

http://www.handheld-basic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=871

Regards,

JPA
    The HB++ team
    Quote Originally Posted by naynesh007
    Hi,

Thanks for your guidance here to use telephone APIs on Palm One Treo 600 device. I am able to open library successfully. But I am not getting any API call which allows me to call a number from my application. Though I am seeing API calls to send SMS and MMS. Palm Telephone manager supplies such APIs but unfortunately it is not available on Treo600.

Do you have any idea how to make speech call from our application

Thanks and Regards,
    Naynesh
    Did you find the right Treo API to make an actual phone call yet? I am in the same boat. I see those incompatible TelSpcCallNumber( ) APIs, but don't see anything I can use with PhnLibOpen( ). I am stuck.

Anyone has any suggestions please!

Thanks.
    Hi,
    Plugged Palm site seems to have some problems.I urgently need the reference guide of Treo 650 / 600 does anyone have those. If yes please can you send me the pdf at rohan.rasane@gmail.com

Regards,
    Rohan Rasane