1.    #1  
    Greetings...
    Can/ should users upgrade the OS to Palm 3.2/3.3/3.5??
    Obviously there are functions available in these releases which our basic 3.1 doesnt allow us to do...
    If not, when is an update planned??
    Thanks...Alan
    Not entirely sure on this one... but I think that the Visor isn't upgradeable... I may be totall wrong.. but I remember reading that this was considered once of the Visor's few faults.
    The Visor is not flash updateable (a permanent fix), but it can be patched. However, you would have to reapply any patches if you have to perform a hard reset or if your Visor completely drains your batteries (or if a helpful two year old borrows your batteries). These matters are covered in this site's FAQ: http://www.visorcentral.com/faqindex.php3
  4.    #4  
    There doesnt appear to be any PATCHES on the PALM website, just upgrades...

Now that PALM is an independent company, shouldnt they be supplying patches for the VISOR OS too???
    There is a patch (or update) on the Palm site.
    http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/upd311.html

I have had it running on my Visor for months now with no problems.
    I'm more cautious, and will only patch when Handsprings makes the recommendation. However, I know that you will need one of the files from the 3.3 upgrade to get IrLink into shape for IR syncing . . .

[This message has been edited by yucca (edited 03-30-2000).]
  7.    #7  
    here's the deal...
    I am tying to use the many palm 7 pqas on my visor deluxe with the new springboard wired modem...
    according to my research, you need certain files from a palm 7 (clipper, Inet, security, web, and wireless), AND at least OS 3.3. No 3.3 patch exists;
    I have written handspring about this and await a reply!
    You do need OS 3.2 (or 3.3 for Palm III* and V* machines).

I am not certain of the differences, but there are some. This has been verified by a number of people trying to use the PQAs.

I wish you the best of luck. PQAs are kinda cool, and I have about 40 on my machine.

Thomas