1.    #1  
    I am frequently using VOIP calling cards to call aboard and if you are not familiar with how it works it includes the following: 1) dial the local #, 2) dial pin code, 3) dial your destination #. So my question is: can Treo 650 be programmed the way that you dial the local #, then at the prompt press some button preprogrammed with the pin code and then press another button at the following prompt to enter the programmed destination #? It would be so much easier than entering pin code and destination # by hand (given the local # is already stored in the contacts).
    Any automation ideas?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have mine programmed with a number of a hotel in Italy using a VOIP calling card... works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by grigory76
    I am frequently using VOIP calling cards to call aboard and if you are not familiar with how it works it includes the following: 1) dial the local #, 2) dial pin code, 3) dial your destination #. So my question is: can Treo 650 be programmed the way that you dial the local #, then at the prompt press some button preprogrammed with the pin code and then press another button at the following prompt to enter the programmed destination #? It would be so much easier than entering pin code and destination # by hand (given the local # is already stored in the contacts).
    Any automation ideas?
    Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Backdoc,
    would you be so kind to tell me how you did it?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    In order to do it the entry must be a speedial. Make the entry and then edit the Favorite. Edit the Favorite by tapping "More" then you can program the extra numbers with the "pauses" which are indicated by an ,

soooo... after the voip answers then you put like ,,, that pauses the autodial long enough to put in your account number XXXXXXXXX,,, then the number etc..

Thats it!

and then tap "Dial Extra Digits automatically" box.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by grigory76
    Backdoc,
    would you be so kind to tell me how you did it?
    Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Thank you very much, Steve, I'll try playing with it.
    Greg
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Is there any way to do this with a normal contact? I used to be able to do this sort of thing with any phone number stored in my i500. (not just a speed dial number)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyuyeno
    Is there any way to do this with a normal contact? I used to be able to do this sort of thing with any phone number stored in my i500. (not just a speed dial number)
    Not that I am aware of. It must be a Favorite.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by dyuyeno
    If you use TakePhone it will allow you to do this. You can even leave the "pauses: and "waits" from the i500. It will automatically recognize them.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Good info, thanks guys! The commas work like a charm!