Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. delevin1's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone had success with a hard case for the 650? It looks all too easy for the large screen on the 650 to meet an untimely death via impact with another object. Back when I had a palm Vx, I used a rhinoskin aluminum case which worked very well for the palm. Now I'm trying to find the best solution for the Treo 650.

    So far I have found the following:

    1. Pacific Rim Hard Aluminum Case $39.99 http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com

    2. ZxPro Metal Case $27.95 http://www.zxpro.com
    (http://pdaden.com/shop/catalog/produ...e_cat_300.html)

    3. Stylus Central.com sells one that looks very similar to the ZxPro (maybe it is made by ZxPro?) for $29.99 http://www.styluscentral.com/alhacafortr6.html

    Does anyone have any advice/experience/other options? I think the naked 650 looks the best, but that and the leather cases probably don't provide enough protection from dropping the 650 or bumping up against something hard with the 650 on your belt.

    Thoughts??
  2. #2  
    i'm still waiting for the gsm version to come out, but i have been researching accessories for my treo.

    the case that i have decided to get was a nite ize case. search nite ize on the forum. the only bad thing i've heard is that they're a little bulky.
  3. #3  
    I've ordered the innopocket case which appears to be the same as the one with cutouts for the buttons and screen. However I really like the one at Pacific Rim... may have to order that one as well.
  4. #4  
    Honestly im on of the people that broke the screen, but THERE IS NOT WAY I would use a hard case like that. All my friends will make so much fun of me. The treo is big enough. I got the palm belt "pouch", that works just great. But hey its up to you. If I had to choose i would pick the "Treo 650 Hard Case by Innopocket" for $29.99.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
  5. #5  
    If the case is going to be too snug it will be pressing keys all the time. Nuttshell is one example.
    If the case closes with a snap over the touch screen you may end up cracking your LCD. Krussel and others like to use snaps.

    Best to stick with a loose slip case with magnetic or felcro closure. The belt clip should be the locking swivel type. I like the Krussel Multidapt belt loop/clip combo. But I gotta sell mine cuz it won't fit my PPC6601, but works for T600 and T650.
  6. #6  
    I suggest that when you put the treo into pouch/case/etc., you position it so that the screen is facing inwards to your body. That way, if you bump against something hard, the screen is not exposed.
  7. #7  
    I suggest foregoing the case and its price and simply buinyg Sprint's insurance. For the price, a year of coverage is about the same as the price of the case. And you look a lot less Geeky/Batmany. It also covers you from theft as well as when the phone is OUT of the case.

    Its like this summer. I bought an old van to tote my motocross bikes around. I was going to get and alarm for it. But the alarm was going to be $400 or so. Turns out it was a lot less if I just bought contents insurance from State Farm. That way, if it got broken into, I got a new bike and tools.

    Sometimes insurance is just a better deal than trying to take care of things yourself.
  8. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #8  
    I got the innopocket case a week ago, Great protection, nice case, poor belt clip and it was a hassle opening the case. My fingers are too large for the cut outs, so I cut the botton part off to expose the keyboard. Not a big deal got some wire cutters did the trick very cleanly.
    Now I really like the case very much, keyboard is open, screen is protected and I am not worried about drops bumps and dings.

    The look of the case and phone is a bit odd., People just don't know what to say. So as I show them the phone and its unending features; I slip my finger of the side button and activate the voice command.
    I get a kick out of people's expression when they hear my phone say "Say a command<beep>"

    If you are on the go an don't want to wait two weeks for a replacement phone because you popped the faceplate on a table then this may be a good choice for you. It protects better than any other it slips into or out of your pocket with not trouble. But the case does look different than a leather option.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I got the innopocket case a week ago, Great protection, nice case, poor belt clip and it was a hassle opening the case. My fingers are too large for the cut outs, so I cut the botton part off to expose the keyboard. Not a big deal got some wire cutters did the trick very cleanly.
    Now I really like the case very much, keyboard is open, screen is protected and I am not worried about drops bumps and dings.

    The look of the case and phone is a bit odd., People just don't know what to say. So as I show them the phone and its unending features; I slip my finger of the side button and activate the voice command.
    I get a kick out of people's expression when they hear my phone say "Say a command<beep>"

    If you are on the go an don't want to wait two weeks for a replacement phone because you popped the faceplate on a table then this may be a good choice for you. It protects better than any other it slips into or out of your pocket with not trouble. But the case does look different than a leather option.

    Why is the belt clip poor? Is it weak? please elaborate.

    Thanks,

    Al
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    I suggest foregoing the case and its price and simply buinyg Sprint's insurance. For the price, a year of coverage is about the same as the price of the case. And you look a lot less Geeky/Batmany. It also covers you from theft as well as when the phone is OUT of the case.
    Yeah, but have you or anyone else had an opportunity to try to use it with a Treo? I've had such bad experiences with insurance carriers from home to cars to healthcare that I'm highly skeptical of such plans. Can anyone speak to their Sprint insurance experience with a) theft, b) a broken device, c) a broken screen. I've also heard that replacement units are always refurb, which makes me nervous as well.

    Curious to hear people's experiences...


    -MB
  11. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Why is the belt clip poor? Is it weak? please elaborate.

    Thanks,

    Al

    Hard case weak clip. the clip is plastic can snap off and if you hit a table end. And the clip is not well made. Also the removable screw works its way loose over time. Best to go without the clip and just put in your pocket.

Posting Permissions