1.    #1  
    I can't get my versamail to work. I've tried to retrieve my yahoo email but I'm getting a login error message. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    This is from Yahoo's mail support website:

Email clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express require the POP Access feature to be enabled for your mailbox. This features is not enabled for Free Yahoo! Mail accounts. To get POP Access, you can subscribe to Yahoo! Mail Plus.

In other words, you can't do it unless you subscribe to their premium mail service, which costs $20 per year.

If you want free web-based email that includes POP access, I suggest Gmail.

Please don't ask "what's Gmail". You can learn about it at http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html

You also cannot just sign up for it, you have to get an invitation from a current user. There is a thread somewhere on TreoCentral for people to request Gmail invites. Since it's on topic, I'll just mention that I have 4 invitations available, and anyone who wants one can PM me to get one.
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/23/2005 at 07:03 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I do have gmail. I tried to enable POP forwarding but what email address do I put? Does versamail have it's own address or is it the springpcs email address?
    First of all in Gmail...

1. Click on Settings
    2. Click on "Forwarding and POP"
    3. Select "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on"
    4. Under #2, decide if you want Gmail to keep, archive, or trash mail that you receive via POP.
    5. Click "Save Changes"

Then in the VersaMail account setup...

1. Select "Other" for Mail Service
    2. Select "POP" for protocol
    3. Enter your full gmail address for the Username and your gmail password for the Password
    4. Enter your full gmail address for the Email Address.
    5. Enter pop.gmail.com for the Incoming Mail Server
    6. Enter smtp.gmail.com for the Outgoing Mail Server
    7. When you get to the setup screen that has Previous, Done, and Advanced as options, tap Advanced.
    8. On the Incoming Server Settings, change the port to 995 and check "Use Secure Connection". Leave "Use Authentication" unchecked.
    9. On the Outgoing Server Settings, change the port to 587 and check both "Use Secure Connection" and "Use Authentication". Versamail will automatically fill in the authentication username and password (which are the same as the account username and password).
    10. Click Done and you're...well...done!
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 01/23/2005 at 07:37 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for all the advice. I've already set up versamail as you instructed but I'm trying to set up POP forwarding on my gmail account. On mail settings, forwarding & POP tab, it's asking me to forward copies of incoming emails to another email address. Which email address are they asking for? I hate to be such a pain. I do appreciate all the advice.
    You don't want to forward, you want to enable POP. Look at the attached screnshot...it will show you how to set your gmail settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Sorry, dude..I missed the first part of your instruction regarding gmail. I got it to work. Thanks for your help & patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhet2x
    I can't get my versamail to work. I've tried to retrieve my yahoo email but I'm getting a login error message. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    I check my Yahoo mail by going to mobile.yahoo.com in Blazer.
    For those less fortunate ones (like myself) who do not have Gmail and need the POP3 access, I suggest checking out Hotpop.com. The storage is very small, but it does trick for now.
    Quick question about versamail...everytime i tell it to delete message from server, it doesn't do it! I try this with my sprint pcs mail and my gmail and the messages are STILL tehre! Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!