Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I personally think a flap hanging about on top of your HEAD looks much sillier... LOL

And it musses my hair as well, the chin flap is better by far.

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Doesn't the flip case sort of make answering the phone a pain. Also, what does it look like when you have a large black, or tan flap hanging under your chin?

I would love to see a picture of someone talking on a 650 using a flap.

I also was thinking a belt loop pouch would be better. What's the downside to these?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Looking at the pics on the web of the Sena flip case, I think the flap needs to be detachable for more functionality. You can have your Treo semi-protected and still use all of its functions including the camera. Also, the placement of the SD card slot appears to place it right ovet the screen when closed with an exposed SD card potentially scratching the screen when closed...unfortunately all the cases that have this appear to have placed it there as opposed to over the keyboard.

tc
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I personally think a flap hanging about on top of your HEAD looks much sillier... LOL

And it musses my hair as well, the chin flap is better by far.
    Well, I was considering cases with NO flap. I'm curious what the flap-carriers think.
    Macuser is right, the flap gets in the way, though LTD, using either case as an alternative wallet is unlikely. The pocket on the Sena is marginally roomier. And Princess, the F650 flip case flap easily folds behind the unit wheareas the Sena does not. Hope that helps you all in your decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Well, I was considering cases with NO flap. I'm curious what the flap-carriers think.

Just recieved my sena flap case. The thing is simply beutiful. The fit is very impressive. I was especially impressed with the opening for the led and the mic. Both were spot on perfect.

As to the flap, it is not in the way at all for me. It actually makes holding the phone quite a bit easier IMO since my lower two fingers wrap around the flap. My only concern is that the upper corner where the stylus goes is not protected as a result of the cut-out for the stylus and camera.

Deliver was very quick and am very happy with the thing so far.
    I am very happy as well with the flap . I bended the flap to all the way to the back frequently and now it is softer and does not get in the way. I still prefer it to the flap up. Nice leather.
    WOW, I never thought to use it upside down... Makes sense! Only thing is now I am scared my stylus will fall out. And I dont have a spare!

And Dan's doesnt have any 650 Stylii yet. Anyone know where to purchase one?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    DavidG is correct about the bending. I have also bent it so much that the leather is much softer and broken in and it easily folds behind if you want to make a call or to charge/synch. Any review is really premature until you have broken the flap in for a few weeks. It doesn't get in the way at all. I

Michael
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi all, I have attached a couple of photos of my black magnetic flip case (no clip) I don't have a problem with the flip. It's just the same as a flip phone I guess. Thia is a very nice case & I personally perfer the non clip version so I can carry in my pocket & it sits flat on the desk when I'm writing on the screen etc.
    Best regards from OZ.
    Mark C.
    p.s. don't give me a hard time about the photo either!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've had the Sena for a couple of weeks now (black/blue combo, no clip). I think the quality is outstanding given the price. I really like the magnetic flip - quick to open and no added bulk of a wrap-around strap with a snap. It's not Vaja nice, but still very good. It adds less bulk than any other, but since it's so slim I don't think it will protect much in the case of a drop. However, I need it to fit in my pocket so I chose slim over protection. The magnetic flip stays tight so the screen is well protected in my pocket and I can turn off the key-guard. Overall I like it enough that I've stopped searching fo rthe perfect case.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    WOW, I never thought to use it upside down... Makes sense! Only thing is now I am scared my stylus will fall out. And I dont have a spare!

And Dan's doesnt have any 650 Stylii yet. Anyone know where to purchase one?
    My stylus seems to be set in pretty snug... but you never know. The only thing I am afraid of is that I might sit in my car and hit the antenna on the side of the arm rest... but I usually remember to take the phone off before sitting down. I still love the case!
    I'm leaning heavily toward the Sena flip (even though I'm a pocket carrier). I like the idea of screen protection while in my pocket. Second choice right now is a non flip case with separate screen protector plastic and just always carry screen facing inward.

I just wish the Sena case had an option with no SD/Card slots as I never carry more than one SD (buy bigger if you need more mem, and I don't have any accessory cards) and I'm not expecting this case to carry my credit cards and cash from wallet.

Ivory...
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have had the sena flip case since it came out. it is the best case i have ever owned. i used to have a sickness buying cases for my t600. this is the only one i will use for my t650.
    morris stalk
    I ahve the SENA with the flip front (magnet). It's absolutely great. It looks sharp and offers reasonable protection. I did not order the belt loop because I mostly carry this in my shirt or jacket pocket. The case does not really add that much in terms of weight or depth. I think it's just great.
    Pilottreo1
    I have the EB slipper case for the Treo 650. It looks similar to the Sena case with two differences. It flips up and uses a velcro strip to close. I would prefer a magnet like the old Slipper case for the Tungsten, but there is no place to put a magnet on the bottom.

Quality of the EB case is very nice and it does not add too much bulk. Have had keyguard turned off since owning the case with no problem.

The sena case seems designed to hold the Treo in the case. The snap seems to add some bulk. I had to add a set of velcro pieces to the back of my Treo to keep it from sliding with the cable is attached which works well and add no bulk.

The big question is - can you keep the Treo in the case when placing it in the craddle? I have heard that the P1 craddle is very tight and does not have enough room to keep any case on.

You can see the EB case at www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3311
    Last edited by swieder; 03/31/2005 at 09:33 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    looks like a nice case in black. I would go for a black one without belt clip as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    I just wish the Sena case had an option with no SD/Card slots as I never carry more than one SD (buy bigger if you need more mem, and I don't have any accessory cards) and I'm not expecting this case to carry my credit cards and cash from wallet.

Ivory...
    agreed, plus I would like a little stronger magnetic closure and a different belt clip mount (more like Krussel) for times when I want to go without the clip...alas, it is the best option for now
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    A question for those of you who own the sena flip. I seen my fren's new sena flip case.Seems like a tight fit.Anyway, the magnets on the top of the case (not the flip itself) is not even. The left magnet seems to protrude out of the leather more than the right one. Is this normal?
    Pavement frog - what is the picture in your profile? It looks like a passed out puppy or a clubbed baby seal. I am hoping it is the former!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    it is a puppy taking a nap...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast