Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I've been a Palm user since 97. When I first saw the treo 180, I thought, "That makes perfect sense. When they go with a color screen, I'll get one." That didn't happen because by the time they went color I was on to high resolution screens and could never go back. I've played with, or bought and used just about every smartphone or wireless pda that could be had in the U.S. I eventually settled with a Nokia 6620. OK size for a smartphone, nice screen, great UI, etc. But I longed for a Treo with a high resolution screen. I have been patiently waiting for the Treo 650. When Sprint released theirs, I didn't immediately go into a store to see one because I just didn't want to be obsessing over it for months before I could get a GSM version. So for the most part, I haven't been paying much attention to the CDMA version, etc. When I read that the GSM model will be released on the 26th (hope that's true), I decided to go to Sprint and check theirs out just to get an idea of what the new design looked like including the new screen. I went tonight and I haven't stopped grinning since. I cannot wait to pick up a GSM Treo 650. The design is great and the screen is just beautiful. I loaded MSN.com up on the 650 and the color and images were just incredible. My major hang up with the 600 was the screen, but with the 650 the screen is going to be a major reason for buying it. I catch myself saying, "Get a life. It's a wireless handheld." But I have a nice life, and I'm still drooling, so I guess obsessing over mobile devices is just one of my life's attributes.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    Right there with ya bud. I bought a treo 600 last year when it came out on cingular, but after 2 months I sold it, I could not go back to 160x160. I can't wait till wednesday. It's only a palm cell phone I keep telling myself
    do people look like their mobile phones?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hope not. I'm using the Nokia 6620, so that would mean that I'm shaped like an egg
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    sony ericsson t616, short rectangle....
    an old siemens, tough as a hammer, with the charm of a brick
    what's going to happen on Wed? is P1 & Cingular going to announce delay in launching GSM 650 because they cannot get their act togethee or because sprint hasn't sold enough unit yet? Sorry to rain on *OUR* parade but I do not have any faith in the morons at P1 or Cingular/ATT
    Treoing & Loving it
    LOL! They don't have to announce a delay because they never officially announced they were going to announce it! Basically it's still just a rumor. It's all been coming from "reliable sources" but nothing official. If it doesn't show on Wednesday no one really can call it a "delay."
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    what's going to happen on Wed? is P1 & Cingular going to announce delay in launching GSM 650 because they cannot get their act togethee or because sprint hasn't sold enough unit yet? Sorry to rain on *OUR* parade but I do not have any faith in the morons at P1 or Cingular/ATT
    i used to work for cingular. they try to keep their releases quiet. but from my experience the treo will come out in certain markets in limited numbers at first.
    I always liked Cingular from back when they were Bell South Mobility in Atlanta. I went to Verizon when I was only on voice plans, but their data plans are outrageously expensive. Now I went to Sprint for two reasons:

1. Product availability: Sprint earns its name from being first to sprint out the gate
    2. Lowest cost data plan in the business
    I doubt this machine will release the Wed. Waiting is a painful process.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodclub
    I doubt this machine will release the Wed. Waiting is a painful process.
    Why are you so unsure. Be positive!! People on this forum are always so negative.
    I am fully with you khart214, lets just be positive, everything is looking at wed as the date. My cingular rep in a store said he heard that it was true, ans told me to call back this week to find out if he knows for sure, he said they stopped telling employees in stores any release date of upcoming popular phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    Why are you so unsure. Be positive!! People on this forum are always so negative.
    I agree, it is getting so old, between the delay comments and the won't be unlocked comments, Ihope they all start a thread that says.
    My name is ___________, and I am a Treo Central naysayer, and I was wrong.
    Every thing I heard points to the end of this month. I was told that from Vienna Channel as far back as beginning of Dec.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    the thread was simply an expression of my excitement at the potenial release of the GSM Treo 650 and I used the qualifying statement, "Hope that's true" to acknowledge that there is the possibility that nothing will happen on Wednesday. Perhaps the title of the thread should have been, "The release of the GSM Treo 650 can't come soon enough," so that the complainers wouldn't focus on the date in question
    guys, just a little hint, the unlocked gsm will be out 100% by 3rd week of february, which would lead me to believe an end of jan locked cingular version cant be too farfetched an assumption..
    I spoke with a rep at a Cingular store in Atlanta... seemed to really know his stuff. he told me that they have already received the pricing guide for the treo 650 and the new phones that are coming out.
    He seems to think that they will be getting them in a few weeks...
    The price is 450 with a mail in rebate of 50 with new service. So, around $400.00
    My rep in Detroit told me today that he has heard nothing about a wednesday release date. He is still holding an SX66 for me. I'm thinking about just getting the SX66 (i've got 30 days) and if i don't like it, get the 650 when it comes out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast