1.    #1  
    I've started to get the dreaded Network Search issue we saw with the Treo 600 now on my 650. I can't pin down an exact cause because it happens so infrequently. I'm hoping other people can test this as well.

First, set your Wireless Mode to lock on power off. This will cause your phone to ask you for a 4-digit PIN number when your wireless mode is powered off then on again. If you have Sprint, it will initially be the last four digits of your mobile phone number.

The Network Search issue would cause your Treo to freeze, the phone would display "Network Search..." and it would turn off and turn back on again instantly (without the splash screen). I would know that it had happened on my Treo 600 because it would ask me to enter my phone PIN and I would obviously no longer be connected to Vision. I now see this same behavior with the Treo 650.

Can anyone else confirms this happens to them as well?

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Come on, please?
    I believe I also experienced this Network Search Issue. The times I notice was when getting out of an elevator, and getting leaving the Midtown Tunnel (NYC).
    Even better one! I did a soft reset this evening cause it hadn't been reset in a while - now it does "Network Search" after turning the radio on, then reboots itself - crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!