Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So, am I missing something, or is the 650 pretty much limited to displaying a chopped version of a wallpaper on the phones home screen? Here's my beef...

1. The photo is displayed in between the info bars. (cropped to fit)

2. The only location it's used is the home screen? Not a background in the calendar or elsewhere?

I like the idea of using full 320x320 wallpapers, but must I use another launcher ap to do that with?

BTW, I noticed that palmary's background collection for the treo contains great 320x320 wallpaper jpegs.

http://www.palmarysoft.com/cat/clock...r=_cl&dev=Treo

-D
    you can use these background images within the calendar - day view.
    Treo 650.. the best smart phone there is.
    Are you limited to using only pictures taken by the 650 as wallpaper or can you use other jpegs from Splashphoto or others. I can't get any choices but 650 pictures to work--unable to move any pictures into the area where you pick the wallpaper. Anyone have any advice?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    On the SELECT PICTURE page, on the top right you should see icons representing both the palmcard (internal memory) and SD card (external memory). You can add pictures to the SD card either via Palm Desktop's Media feature, or by using a card reader to copy the pictures directly into the DCIM folder on the card.

j5350, Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Doomer; 01/23/2005 at 11:54 AM.
    If you want to be able to get a jpeg as a background image in the phone screen and the calendar today screen, move that pic to the DCIM folder on your SD card. The Treo will find it in there.
    I moved the jpeg from internal to the DCIM folder on the card, but it does not show up as a choice when selecting the card in the phone/wallpaper mode. I can only get choices of pics taken by the 650. any ideas? thanks
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexx
    I moved the jpeg from internal to the DCIM folder on the card, but it does not show up as a choice when selecting the card in the phone/wallpaper mode. I can only get choices of pics taken by the 650. any ideas? thanks

It sounds like you are doing it correctly, so there must be something in the details. Are you using one of the jpgs from the link above? Try and describe what you're doing step-by-step.
    I have downloaded from the link you mentioned above by opening the pdb file , which automatically put it in my Splashphoto program. I will try to add it from Vision . I don't know, maybe it's Splashphoto that's the problem. I can't use any of the pictures I've taken with my regular digital camera that I've placed in Splashphoto either. Using Filez, I moved the jpeg image from the internal memory to the DCIM folder of the card. Thanks