1.    #1  
    I tried to find this via search but had no luck.

when I send an e-mail directly from the 650 it does not show up in my sent items folder in Outlook. I would really like to have copies of all my sent e-mails in one location. Am I missing something in my synch setup?

Thanks,
    Roger

BTW I am using Outlook 2000.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    This would be a really annoying bug for me...of course I don't even have a treo yet so *shrug*
    Depending on what Palm email program you have, you can have a copy of your sent emails forwarded to an email address (ie. your own). I know Snapper does this. If you have your Palm email client set to save email on your email server when the handheld downloads messages, then when you go to Outlook, your sent emails will still be there (and you can set up a filter so these emails are dropped right into your Sent Items folder). Also, if you have access to another email address that you can set up in Outlook, you could have your handheld send all of your outgoing messages to "newemaill@adress.com", and only set up that email account on your desktop. This way you wouldn't have to worry about recieving sent emails on your handheld if your desktop hasn't downloaded said emails yet.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, good luck!
    I know Chatter let's you upload sent messages to your Outlook sent folder. Versamail behaved so strangely for me, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it has the option but doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I believe the only mail programs that support uploading mail are Chatter Email, Thunderbird Mail, and possibly Entourage on Mac.

Otherwise, the only work around is the bcc yourself and set a mail rule on your mail server to move these mails to your Sent Items folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by rharper
    I tried to find this via search but had no luck.

when I send an e-mail directly from the 650 it does not show up in my sent items folder in Outlook. I would really like to have copies of all my sent e-mails in one location. Am I missing something in my synch setup?

Thanks,
    Roger

BTW I am using Outlook 2000.
    I have this working under an IMAP config to my mail server. If you're using POP, then go with the BCC suggestion and mail filter.

Under IMAP, be sure you tell Versamail which server folder to use for your Sent Mail(option under Preferences->Server). Possible bug here, when doing this and using auto signature(using attach signature option), my sent mail didn't get copied to the server. So I don't use the auto sig, and it all works nicely. That's *my* experience anyway.

Good luck. This was must-have functionality for me.
    --
    jt