1.    #1  
    What sort of battery length are you people getting on your TREO 650's?

If I leave in the morning with a fully charged battery and use it moderately throughout the day (say 4-5 phone calls at 10 mins each, looking up Agendus and maybe 10-15 mins in total of general browsing around on it) - it is almost completely drained of battery power when I come home.

Any way to increase the battery length?
    I have the screen brighthtness at about 50%
    Turn off the bluetooth radio if your not going to use it, that drains the battery. I have also noticed that if my phone is constantly looking for signal it drains quickly but when it has signal the battery lasts much longer. I work in a building that is very spotty as far as signal goes so I let the phone sit on my desk so it has signal and turn of the BT and the battery works great and I make about 60 minutes worth of calls give or take. I have my screen at about 50% brightness too.
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    Wow, thats not good at all. I usually talk on mine about 2 hours a day, screen about 50%, and am still above 50% battery remaining.

Is your BT radio on all day?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If you use versamail, check the autosync frequency. Unless you get lots of emails, I wouldn't go below 30 minutes.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Could be the mysterious battery drain problem. Check one of those threads. I use my T650 heavily each day and still make it home with at the lowest 30% batt.

(1.5 hrs surfing, 1 hr datebook and contacts use, versamail autofetching every 30 mins., 1 hr mp3, 5 calls 10 mins each, 5 sms)
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by edofloat@mac.co
    Turn off the bluetooth radio if your not going to use it, that drains the battery. I have also noticed that if my phone is constantly looking for signal it drains quickly but when it has signal the battery lasts much longer. I work in a building that is very spotty as far as signal goes so I let the phone sit on my desk so it has signal and turn of the BT and the battery works great and I make about 60 minutes worth of calls give or take. I have my screen at about 50% brightness too.
    Under CDMA, phone output power is modulated based on recieved signal strength from the basestation. That means the output power is going to decrease as you get closer to the basestation. If you're in a poor coverage area, your Treo is going to use talking full power all of the time and your battery life is going to be impacted.
    I probably make about an hour of calls per day. I read some news and mail at lunch and in the evening. I leave bluetooth on all the time and have my screen set at the factory default. No automatic news or mail fetching. When I get home at night, its got about 40% or so left.

Now granted, I do plug it in at work, but only the USB cable. I took the charger home with me. I don't think the USB cable gives it that much juice.

I remember with my old 600 that when I was out of area, my battery would drain much faster. I haven't been off the system enought with my new one to make any empirical surveys.