1.    #1  
    I have just started using the demo of the new Siver Screen. I like it a lot! The launcher is laid out very cleanly. Although I miss the tabs of launcher3 and handscape, I love the tool bar at the bottom.

The grascale is nice, although I wish I didn't have to bump the contrast up to max to see the screen.

Is there a hack or program that will help this out?

One thing I came accrossed is that StreakHack has the opposite effect when silver screen is running. it actually increases the streaking. originally i thought that the program just sucked until i remove each hack one by one to find out what was going on.

the only other drawback is the price $15. I see how i like the demo of 20 days and maybe i'll purchase this neet program.

any other thoughts?
    The tool bar is a great feature. You can "drag" application icons to toolbar icons in order to beam, get info, catagorize, or delete the applications.
    Much faster than using the menus.
    I wish they offered a skin editor though.
    i really like Silverscreen aswell. But i'm still not up to paying 12.95 for it. I've been using it for about a month or so now (it expired once so i re-installed it) and i'm still teetering on the fence.

You're right winchell

it would be cool if they came up with something to create specialized icons for all your apps!
    it would be cool if they came up with something to create specialized icons for all your apps![/B]
    Well, if you like to live dangerously, you can change the icons of the non-ROM apps with RsrcEdit. http://www.individeo.net/RsrcEdit.html
    Run RsrcEdit, find the program you want to change the icon for, open it, find the tAIB 1000 resource, open it, and use the editor to change the image.
    Leave the bottom 10 lines blank, as the name of the program will be printed there.
    When done, click OK to exit the icon editor, then click DONE to save the resource.

Do NOT change any of the other resources unless you know what you are doing.
    Or try: http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...15&prodID=2059
    This is a program called IcoEdit, whicl lets you edit all icons and do some other cool stuff. You can't edit Silver Screen's greyscale icons with it though.
    cool, thanks for the ideas, i'll give icoedit a try...just downloaded it.

i made the plunge and purchased silverscreen. i downloaded launcher iii last night and ran it for a few hours and just couldn't get myself to like it. sure it's functional, but kinda ugly and awkward to the way i conceptualize things. but 'to each his own' eh?

i like silverscreen, many don't but i find it a nice improvement to the standard palmOS front.
    Has anyone experienced this before?

Everytime (and I do mean everytime) I use the down button to scroll the screen on Silver Screen, about the 3 click and bam! it crashes! Every single freakin' time.

I've turned off all the hacks and still, the same thing happens.

Anybody out there experience anything like this?
    Originally posted by Nhatman:
    Has anyone experienced this before?

Everytime (and I do mean everytime) I use the down button to scroll the screen on Silver Screen, about the 3 click and bam! it crashes! Every single freakin' time.

I've turned off all the hacks and still, the same thing happens.

Anybody out there experience anything like this?

nope, never happens to me...i just double checked to make sure....
    SilverScreen 1.3 is out with a couple of new themes. check it out at www.palmgear.com .
    I purchased it as well. I really like it over launcher, it is very classy. I also just couldn't get into using launcher. I do not have the scroll button crash problem.

[This message has been edited by beaker (edited 03-28-2000).]