1.    #1  
    Is anyone using PDA Defense on their 650? If so what version are you using?

thanks!
  2.    #2  
    bump
    I used it, it takes about a meg and it is a nightmare to uninstall.
    Treoing & Loving it
    PDA Defense has been taken over by JP Mobile which renamed the app to Surewave Mobile Defense. The older 3.1c Pro and Standard versions are still available at palmgear.com, but a JPM person emailed me that the Standard version is not going to be updated further. JPM is offering 3.1d Pro (and an Enterprise version for multiple business users) for purchase using an unsecure third party website. To get a demo version of 3.1d, JPM wants to know all about you...any way I've been demo'g 3.1c Pro since I can't find 3.1d from any non-nosy provider. The "use buttons for password" function in 3.1c for quick access does not work for my Treo 650...and 2 of the 6 programable buttons are not functional...those buttons (To Do and Memo) are only found on older Palm devices. That bug to me is deal-breaker, but other than that, the app seems to work ok.

Uninstallation can be tricky...make sure you use the uninstall command in the app itself, then use Uninstall Manager to finish deleting the remnants.

I'd like to know how other Treo users (600 and 650) have faired with this app too.
  5.    #5  
    Here's a copy of an email I received from them...

"Phillip,

We are currently testing PDA Defense 3.1d against the Treo 650. We hope to have a certified version ready for release in the up coming weeks. Please continue to check our website, www.jpmobile.com for information about this upgrade.

Thanks
    SWMD Support"
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Here's a copy of an email I received from them...

"Phillip,

We are currently testing PDA Defense 3.1d against the Treo 650. We hope to have a certified version ready for release in the up coming weeks. Please continue to check our website, www.jpmobile.com for information about this upgrade.

Thanks
    SWMD Support"
    if you intend to encrypt your contact database then it will not work with the Phone app since the Phone app reads the Contact database. If you do use encryption you must not encrypt the Contact database. If "they" said it works then it will not be secure since the Contact database must be in a unprotected mode.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca