1.    #1  
    i used the hack and it workd but is quircky. i just downloaded the trial for pdanet bluetooth and wonder does it work perfect or does it too have its quirks? any comments please.
    can both be installed at same time, or is it one or the other, to avoid conflict?
    i can ge my dun to work with the hack anymore and wonder what it could be? something to do with the com ports and hotsync etc? what is the best way and steps to set it ip to avoid get com port errors saying its in use etc
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    2, but I can tell you WirelessModem works great. Has since day one when I purchased it for my old T300. I am now on a T650 and still no problems. It does work via bluetooth. Plus WModem gave me free upgrades when I needed them. I am under the impression that PDANet charges for upgrades, I'm sure if I am wrong someone will correct me about PDANet .
    I don't think I had to pay to go from 600 to 650.
    I don't use pdanet enough to say if it's more stable that dun, but dun is less convenient than pdanet.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
  4.    #4  
    can u use the phone while pdanet is active bluetooth?
    PDAnet has always worked well for me. I tried the BT patch and ended up crashing more often... for now, I like PDAnet better... (even though it isn't 100% stable either). I think the price is ok, it's been kinda annoying to go from 300 to 600 to now 650... oh well, that's the price of progress!

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Yes PDA net charges per up grade. I had to purchase one for my 300 and 600 and now considering the 650. It's a great program, but paying for it 3 times is a little much.
    PDAnet for the 300 was a dream.

For the 600, it was a pain. Errors, often unrecoverable, were the norm.

The 650 trial version was just as buggy. I didn't bother buying it. Instead, I spent some time with the DUN and figured out how to avoid problems - it works great and is free!
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    WirelessModem is 100% stable for me and I only paid for it once. So from my eyes you got 2 possible good choices. 1) WirelessModem or 2) The DUN hack from Shadowmite
    The latter being free would be great if JoeTampa could give you the work around. The only drawback to the DUN hack I can think of, is the slower speeds that have been reported by some.

Just my opinion and take it as that.
    If you are going to use a third party option rather than Shadowmite's dun patch, does anyone know which files to remove to delete the dun patch from Shadowmite's custom Rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    If you are going to use a third party option rather than Shadowmite's dun patch, does anyone know which files to remove to delete the dun patch from Shadowmite's custom Rom?
    I'm not sure which files to remove but I do know that you don't have to remove them to use pdaNet.
    there was a question above about free upgrades on JuneFabric's PDANet product. I had bought it for my treo600, and to migrate to the 650, there was a reduced upgrade charge. About 2/3 of the full price.

Brian
    PDAnet does not work on a MAC, a major flaw. Shawdowmite's hack works flawlessly, repeatedly, without any problems whatsoever. I used it all week because my hotel did not have WiFi. It is easy to configure and does not give me problems.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    All I can say is WirelessModem. No charges for upgrade, full speed dialup, works over shadowmites' patch, great product support from Scott, works with a MAC and PC, mutiple connection options(i.e. serial, bluetooth, and usb(with MAC), and may I add one hell of a product!!

Kind of like Ron P. says "Set and Forget It"

Edited: to specify USB with MAC.
    Last edited by NRG; 01/23/2005 at 11:32 AM.
    I started this discussion a while back, and used PdaNet untill it required me to register. I have been using the DUN patch by shadowmite for about a week now, it works everytime, no drops, and very reliable. I say free is the way ro go. WirelessModem, according to their website, do not provide USB support for Win, so it is a $35 DUN patch.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Very pricy! Should be about $10. Anyone using this? What advantages? More speed? Does it work with the usb cable that came with the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    Very pricy! Should be about $10. Anyone using this? What advantages? More speed? Does it work with the usb cable that came with the 650?

good question!

I've got another...

I've got a cingular plan. I use pay per use Wireless Internet Express (very little)
    does DUN require minutes or a data plan or what?
    I used PDANet once, I think...but basically I'm wondering if this is possible...

WIRELESS internet connetion on the phone
    bluetooth connectino to the desktop or laptop
    internet shared from the cell to the PC via bluetooth w00t!

any get this to werk?

TIA!