5 50.00%
  • NOPE, email isn't that critical

1 10.00%
  • Sure, if it worked as advertised I'd give it a try

2 20.00%
  • OMG YES!!! That's brilliant, where do I send the money

2 20.00%
  1.    #1  
    So I have this idea and I think I presented it in the wrong forum. I am sure you are all familiar with ChatterMail... the ONLY real-time PUSH client for our TREOs. Well it occured to me that a very 'lite' app that simply held the IDLE connection and reported activity would be very valuable. Imagine an SMS type alert everytime your IMAP folder gets a new message: FROM, SUBJECT, TIME, and TOTAL UNREAD in that folder. You would then be instantly aware of all incoming emails but you could use Snapper or VersaMail or whatever to actually check your email when you see that there is something important. I started a thread about this in the DEVELOPER's corner and Marc (the Chatter developer) seemed very willing IF there was interest. So I thought I'd bring the idea to the NON Chatter community... since they are really who this would serve.
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    Seems like a good idea but why not just use chatter do everything snapper does rather than chatter lite for notification then go to a 2nd app(snapper,versa). Seems like overkill to me. Chatter does everything I need and more. If you don't have pop and don't know anything about imap don't be intimidated.

You can set up a free fusemail or fastmail account and it will check your pop accounts and push new mail to chatter. Fusemail will even check yahoo mail without having purchased mail plus (yahoo pop access)

Don't mean to stomp on your imagination. Seems like a good idea but I don't see the point.
  3.    #3  
    dt, your opinion is perfectly valid. But this is why I made this thread outside of the ChatterMail forums. There are many email clients and I have tried most of them. I (currently) own and am very comfortable with Snapper. I like it's integration with other apps that I use, I like it's handling of attachments. I am accustomed to it's particular 5-way and hotkey support, etc. So I'd prefer to continue using what I am comfortable with.

Other's think that VersaMail is fine for their needs (and it is already paid for)

I have considered making the switch to a different email client, but to be honest my first impulse is to move towards AGENDUS or one of the other "suites" because what I need is integration. Now I know that Chatter is a fine product, I have been using it off and on for a while. I tell you I LOVE getting my email instantly, but I don't love the getting unimportant email instantly...

If this ChatterLite were a zLauncher plugin I'd be ecstatic, or a 2day plugin... whatever...

I just want a mailBox Monitor...
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    I would hope that Marc would return to working on the old IM program again
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Fusemail will even check yahoo mail without having purchased mail plus (yahoo pop access)
    I looked a little at that and it seems as though the free version gives only 1 fused account, but if I were to pay, I would be able to get both yahoo and hotmail with fusemail? that seems like a big advantage over fastmail that only checks hotmail

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I looked a little at that and it seems as though the free version gives only 1 fused account, but if I were to pay, I would be able to get both yahoo and hotmail with fusemail? that seems like a big advantage over fastmail that only checks hotmail

I forgot the differences. I upgraded awhile back. $20 a year I think. I believe you can fuse as many accounts as you want.
    does it pick up hotmail too? how does it get Yahoo?

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    does it pick up hotmail too
    Just checked...it does