Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is an application out there like powerrun that moves apps to the SD card for later launching, but uses compression when storing them on the SD card for the Treo 650? I own FlyZip XR (www.fly-zip.com) and it does this and worked on my Treo 600, but it does not appear to work 100% on the Treo 650. Thanks for any suggestions!

Keith
    what conflicts have you experienced?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well, this happens with a few apps, but as an example I can zip up AcidImage Pro just fine, but when I go to run it I get an error that says something like "file system broken" and from that point on none of the flyzip shortcuts work. I can unzip most applications back to RAM, but AcidImage is lost and I have to reinstall it. I had no problems like this on the 600 though. Do you have it running with no problems?

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    I was wondering if there is an application out there like powerrun that moves apps to the SD card for later launching, but uses compression when storing them on the SD card for the Treo 650? I own FlyZip XR (www.fly-zip.com) and it does this and worked on my Treo 600, but it does not appear to work 100% on the Treo 650. Thanks for any suggestions!

Keith
    Try LightNzip. Self extracting and really fast on the T650.

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    What is the procedure to accomplish this with LightNZip?
    select the app to zip as self-extract and then that is it. not all apps can be self-extracted.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    maybe someone will create or update one of these solutions so that apps that reside in the RAM can take up less space

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Yes, but there is no launcher funcitonality in LightNzip...

AFaikAFaikAFaik, $there$ $is$ $no$ $memory$ $manager$/$launcher$ $app$ $that$ $uses$ $compression$ $technology$ $dynamically$ $like$ $this$. $Specifically$, $I$ $would$ $like$ $an$ $app$ $that$ $will$ $move$ $and$ $compress$ $an$ $app$ $and$ $its$ $associated$ $Db$'$s$ $to$ $the$ $card$ $and$ $also$ $leave$ $a$ $shortcut$ $in$ $ram$ $similar$ $to$ $other$ $memory$ $managers$ $like$ $PowerRun$, $Zlauncher$ $etc$. $The$ $launcher$ $would$ $then$ $decompress$ $and$ $move$ $the$ $app$ $when$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $launch$ $it$ $via$ $the$ $shortcut$. $Of$ $course$ $the$ $whole$ $process$ $would$ $be$ $very$ $slow$ $undesirable$ $for$ $everyday$ $use$, $but$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $very$ $useful$ $for$ $archiving$ $those$ $apps$ $that$ $you$ $do$ $not$ $use$ $often$ $and$ $that$ $take$ $up$ $lots$ $of$ $storage$ $space$ $on$ $ram$ $or$ $the$ $card$....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Well, FlyZip XR does this and it did it well on the 600. I emailed the company and they verified it does not work right now on the 650, but they are updating it for the 650. I guess since this is the only one that does this I will just wait for the new version.

Keith
    LightNZip does have launcher functionality. When zipping the files, choose one of the self-extraction options

Well, FlyZip XR does this and it did it well on the 600. I emailed the company and they verified it does not work right now on the 650, but they are updating it for the 650. I guess since this is the only one that does this I will just wait for the new version.

Keith

Yes but afaikafaikafaik $FlyZip$ $did$ $not$ $leave$ $a$ $shortcut$ $in$ $Ram$ $did$ $it$? $Please$ $correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$. I was thinking about an app that was more seamless and wouldn't require me to go to the main app in order to launch...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    With FlyZip XR it creates a shortcut in ram and worked almost exactly like powerrun. Of course it was slightly slower opening and closing, but tollerable for sure.

Keith