1.    #1  
    What is the best program to allow mp3s to be used at ringtones on the Treo 650? Aside from using the Nokia converter to convert to AMR.
    mRing. It works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefe007
    What is the best program to allow mp3s to be used at ringtones on the Treo 650? Aside from using the Nokia converter to convert to AMR.
    You don't need to buy anything. I was able to do it for free by converting the MP3 to a WAV and then sending it over to the 650 via HotSync.

Trevor
    Quote Originally Posted by keefe007

Lightwav 5 with callerID and sms blocking. Custom jpg and animated gif pictureID.

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Please tell me how this is possible cause I have searched and cant find any info on how to use WAVs as ringtones on this 650 anywhere. I have all of my WAV files on my SD card, though... But please post about how to do it. Inquiring minds want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by vocaro
    You don't need to buy anything. I was able to do it for free by converting the MP3 to a WAV and then sending it over to the 650 via HotSync.

Trevor

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I couldn't get this to work either, but then I have a custom rom with realplayer removed, so I was thinking that maybe the treo relies on realplayer to play WAVs. Can any one confirm/deny this?
    in comparison to ogg and mp3, wav files are so huge. Why waste valuable space on 650 of all things on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Please tell me how this is possible cause I have searched and cant find any info on how to use WAVs as ringtones on this 650 anywhere. I have all of my WAV files on my SD card, though... But please post about how to do it. Inquiring minds want to know...
    It was a couple months ago when I did this, but as I remember, the trick was getting the WAV file into the right format. I believe it had to be mono and 22KHz. After that it was just a matter of copying it over to the internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    in comparison to ogg and mp3, wav files are so huge.
    Because the 650 does not support MP3 or OGG ringtones, unless you buy extra software. WAV is supported for free.

Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    Why waste valuable space on 650 of all things on them?
    Who are you to judge? It's my phone, not yours.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    techprincesse,

Use Nokia's Multimedia Convert to conver the WAV file to AMR format and mail it to the 650. If you open the WAV from Versamail, it will place it into the available sounds.

You can get the Nokia software here.

James
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com