1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me how to download my email from my PC (I use AOL) onto my Visor? What software do I need, and where do I get it?

thanks in advance for the help!
    A search at PalmGear for "aol email" yielded one software product, PocketFlash 2.4.
    http://www2.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?sid=10221620000317091005&prodID=3481

I can't vouch for it, but you might want to check it out. Shareware, 25 bucks.

j.

------------------

"Vaya con Visor!"

-john

[This message has been edited by john (edited 03-17-2000).]
    All programs that give you access to AOL mail require you to have a modem and sign in that way. Unfortunately a redirector will not work with the Visor, or at least for a USB cradled one. I've seen at Palm Gear a software based modem that lets you use IR and your computer as a modem...sounds like your best bet.

------------------
    -Matthew Nichols
    VigoSprax@aol.com
    http://www.extremebleem.cjb.net
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply, guys. I think you're both right; AOL Mail does claim to require a modem (AOL says the product "may not" work without a modem), and also PocketFlash (or whatever its called, sold through PalmGear) says it does not require a modem. I tried to download a demo of something through Calvin's, it took forever and then I couldn't get it to run. Needless to say I won't be buying it anytime soon. If I find anything interesting I'll post here.

As an alternative, Yahoo! has free POP accounts that work with the built in mail app. Thats what I did. You have to sign up to recieve some adds in your mail every once and a while, but thats it.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Matt, I may have to give it a try if PalmFlash doesn't work. FYI, the software from Calvin's is called HandMail, and its designed to work with AOL. However, it has a BIG flaw in it...when I tried to enter my AOL screen name on the HandMail software, the enter line doesn't hold enough characters to fit my AOL name! Can you believe it, while AOL allows my 11 character screen name, HandMail only allows 10 characters. And HandMail is specifically designed to work with AOL. Amazing. (Just thought I'd inform others who might be in search of a solution to the AOL/Visor incompatibility problem.) Anyway, thanks for all your replies.
    Thats because Hand Mail hasn't probably been updated to support the longer screen names. Up until 5.0's release, you were limited to 8 letters for your screen name.
  8.    #8  
    ok, now I understand...I've only had my computer since December and that's when I started using AOL. I wasn't aware that older versions only allowed 8 characters. I guess AOL had to expand its name capability to permit more users (too many people picking the same name seems bizarre, though).

HandMail may have had updates available, but I was too impatient to look, since it took SOOO long to download the demo!

thanks again for all your helpful advice, Matt.
  9.    #9  
    Does anyone know if HandMail has expanded its screen name line to accomodate AOL's expanded screen name line? My screen name is too long to fit on the line, so I'm not able to use the software.