Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really dont use SMS alot. But I checked my sprint bill online and current usages, I noticed that it said 200 web messages. I thought it was a mistake and called them. The rep said that each email you send counts as a web message. So just be careful if you dont have the Unlimited message plan.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I thought that sprint's data plan included unlimited messaging, no?
    Your rep is wrong. I have 100 text messages allowed. I received 1325 emails, and my credit for text messaging is still 100
    The amount of messaged may vary depending upson where you signed up with Sprint. Some stores like int eh Minneapolis area are corporate but where I live they are not sprint they dba Sprint they are actually Northern Wireless and have different packages somewhat and some features are quite different. So it may not be the same the off network option here is $10 for 50 minutes and that is all you get. In Minneapolis you can use upto one half of your plan minutes for roaming.
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    • SMS Text Messaging – send or receive up to 100 text messages a month (requires an SMS-enabled Sprint PCS Phone)
    • Unlimited Sprint PCS Vision Access includes:
    • Unlimited email and instant messaging from America Online® and Yahoo!®
    • Unlimited Web access
    • Up to $10 credit per month towards the download of premium services (ringers, games, screen savers and other services)

(this is the premium service, but the e-mail and web are the same for the picture pack. Plus too if you access your other e-mail as well it doesn't count against you.) Your Sprint e-mail may count against you, but that you have to check with them. I read on the web that its free now, or got an e-mail saying that, but I don't use the phone e-mail.
    I was about to say... I prolly get 100 spam messages a month just on sprint alone, and I dont even use that account. If they started counting email as txt msgs I would be sunk. I also have the premium vision plan on my account and rarely, if ever, go over my allotted 100 text msgs a month.

Is it possible that you were using one of the messaging features through the SPCS Vision portal? Like Yahoo or that AIM, those 2 services send you a text every time you get an IM, I turned it on for maybe a good 5 minutes and my phone was blowing up with text messages, soI signed off and nver used Yahoo Mobile or AIMobile ever again. Cause those DO count towards your 100 msg quota.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Short mail or email? I've never had had a charge for using email, yahoo, or aim. I have unlimited messaging but my phone isnt sms, I'm just keeping the plan until i get an sms phone because the unlimited was grandfathered. The shortmail notifications may be different.
    If you are referring to emails sent from your messaging app, then yes, those are SMS messages, even though you can send them to email addresses in addition to mobile #'s. Emails sent through your "username"@sprintpcs.com account (which you would have to send using an email client such as versamail or snapper, or using the "messaging" menu from the vision home page in blazer) are included with unlimited vision access and do not count toward your 100 free SMS messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    I really dont use SMS alot. But I checked my sprint bill online and current usages, I noticed that it said 200 web messages. I thought it was a mistake and called them. The rep said that each email you send counts as a web message. So just be careful if you dont have the Unlimited message plan.

You are using versamail checking sprintpcs email??? More details please.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I was about to say... I prolly get 100 spam messages a month just on sprint alone, and I dont even use that account.
    What? I have had SMS for 4+ years and never have received one. How do they get your account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozzer
    I thought that sprint's data plan included unlimited messaging, no?
    yeah that what I thought, this post had me scared straight. I text message extensively. I have already used 766 messages this month alone. on the sprint site my messages listed as unlimtied.

Check your data plan on sprint's site
  12.    #12  
    I use versamail to check my gmail account. I will send a few emails to see if the number of messages goes up on the site and get back here and tell you guys. That way I could prove it or admit that im going nuts and cant manage SMS.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Emails do not count against wireless web messages. Only SMS and allerts such as from Yahoo, etc. will count.
    I send and receive email with my phone extensively. I even have one account setup to alert me (using the phone's sprintpcs email address). I have yet to be credited with a single web message.
    Versamail messages are true email and don't count as SMS. messages sent with the messaging application do. If you Vision is older than March 04 than you have unlimited SMS. Otherwise you have to pay 5 bucks if you are expecting to use more than 150 per month (100 included + 50 at 10cents each).

Shortmail is messaging but most accounts with shortmail phones on them are older than Mar 04.
  16.    #16  
    Does verichat use SMS? I havent send not even one SMS and only used verichat all day and the sprint site says I used another 15 SMS since the last time I checked.
    Sounds like you either have a retarded plan or a retarded sprint rep giving stupid info...sorry...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Sounds like you either have a retarded plan or a retarded sprint rep giving stupid info...sorry...
    I agree. E-mail is just data, not text messages. They don't go through the SMS gateway and they're not sent from or delivered to the phone in the same way. I send and receive thousands of e-mails from my Treo per month and they never count as SMS.

If you have someone is e-mailing you at yourphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com then yes, it's a text message because then it really does come through as an SMS. But e-mail sent to a regular e-mail address you check with Snapper, VersaMail, Chatter, etc is just e-mail, nothing more.

VeriChat can be sent to receive messages in standby mode either as data or SMS. I would check that out. If it's set to SMS, then if you're not actually in the app and someone IM's you, it counts as an SMS. If you set it to data, it just uses Vision. If you have unlimited Vision but not unlimited SMS, I would recommend setting it up for Vision.

Current Vision Packs do not include unlimited SMS. They comes with 100 SMS and unlimited is $5 more. Without Vision, 100 SMS costs $5 and unlimited costs $10. The people with free unlimited SMS have grandfathered plans. Before SMS, we had unlimited Short Mail with Vision. When Sprint rolled out SMS and took Short Mail away for SMS enabled phones, they had to keep giving us unlimited text messaging. So if you have a Vision plan that hasn't changed since before February 2004, you have free unlimited SMS. If you change your plan you risk losing that and only getting 100 SMS for free.

I hope that clears a few things up.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I agree. E-mail is just data, not text messages. They don't go through the SMS gateway and they're not sent from or delivered to the phone in the same way. I send and receive thousands of e-mails from my Treo per month and they never count as SMS.

If you have someone is e-mailing you at yourphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com then yes, it's a text message because then it really does come through as an SMS. But e-mail sent to a regular e-mail address you check with Snapper, VersaMail, Chatter, etc is just e-mail, nothing more.

VeriChat can be sent to receive messages in standby mode either as data or SMS. I would check that out. If it's set to SMS, then if you're not actually in the app and someone IM's you, it counts as an SMS. If you set it to data, it just uses Vision. If you have unlimited Vision but not unlimited SMS, I would recommend setting it up for Vision.

Current Vision Packs do not include unlimited SMS. They comes with 100 SMS and unlimited is $5 more. Without Vision, 100 SMS costs $5 and unlimited costs $10. The people with free unlimited SMS have grandfathered plans. Before SMS, we had unlimited Short Mail with Vision. When Sprint rolled out SMS and took Short Mail away for SMS enabled phones, they had to keep giving us unlimited text messaging. So if you have a Vision plan that hasn't changed since before February 2004, you have free unlimited SMS. If you change your plan you risk losing that and only getting 100 SMS for free.

I hope that clears a few things up.
    Thanks guys, but i will just give up and pay $5 for unlimited.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast