Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Has anyone done this? I have a 640 x 272 two part XviD movie I would like to try to join using virtualdub and recompress to fit on a 1GB SD card. I don't see any info on recompressing using the search here so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
    I took a divx compressed video file and recompressed and reduced the size to 320x172 just fine. I wouldn't think xvid would be any different...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Cool. Did you follow the quick 'n dirty guide on here for the most part as well or perhaps some other hints?
    I'm actually a bit familar with video compression and editing, so when it came time for the treo, it was only a matter of finding the best fit (quality v file size).

Note, mmplayer can play your 640x272 just fine without any recompressing or size reducing - it auto resizes to fit its screen - though it's not recommended as the treo may start to say it's just too much data per second if the file's bitrate is set to high for the little guy
    I'm not sure about how to join to vids, but using pocketdivx encoder to resize movies to 320x240 is very simple indeed...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions