Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best back up program for the 650?
    Backup Buddy Pro
    Ditto
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Agreed
    Which version of Backupbuddy Pro?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Backup Buddy Pro
    I have been using the beta of BackupMan without issue, but have read threads saying that the radio needs to be off to get a good backup.

Is this true with BackupBuddy VFS too?
    Quote Originally Posted by idfdavid
    I have been using the beta of BackupMan without issue, but have read threads saying that the radio needs to be off to get a good backup.

Is this true with BackupBuddy VFS too?
    I never turn off my radio for a backup with BBVFSPro 3.07. I do an automated backup every day at 0330 and manuals every time I enter important data while out.

Have restored from it as well. Works great for me, I am a very loyal user of both BackupBuddyVFS Pro and BackupBuddy for windows. Using them both, I have the confidence of a backup solution that is redundant, secure and robust. BlueNomad are a Palm Certified developer and it shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    I never turn off my radio for a backup with BBVFSPro 3.07. I do an automated backup every day at 0330 and manuals every time I enter important data while out.

Have restored from it as well. Works great for me, I am a very loyal user of both BackupBuddyVFS Pro and BackupBuddy for windows. Using them both, I have the confidence of a backup solution that is redundant, secure and robust. BlueNomad are a Palm Certified developer and it shows.
    I just installed BackupBuddyVFS ... it looks like there is only the ability to do a timed backup, nothing to coincide with a desktop sync? Do you need the full package of BackupBuddy to have BackupBuddyVFS coincide with hot syncs?
    backupman
    Quote Originally Posted by idfdavid
    I just installed BackupBuddyVFS ... it looks like there is only the ability to do a timed backup, nothing to coincide with a desktop sync? Do you need the full package of BackupBuddy to have BackupBuddyVFS coincide with hot syncs?
    There is no way for BackupBuddyVFS Pro to do a backup after a HS AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...

BackupBuddy for windows does that and does it well. I am a registered user of both and consider them the most important programs on my Palm (Treo 650). A spot they have held for many, many model upgrades...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    There is no way for BackupBuddyVFS Pro to do a backup after a HS AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...

BackupBuddy for windows does that and does it well. I am a registered user of both and consider them the most important programs on my Palm (Treo 650). A spot they have held for many, many model upgrades...
    BackupMan has an option that will perform a backup after doing a HotSync. I didn't use that as an option when I was testing out BackupMan v1.52b5 yesterday ... but successfully backed up, hard reset, and restored device over the course of several tests. All of my tests were done leaving the radio turned on, and I never had a problem (wanted to be sure that it worked, cause, I don't want to be bothered to turn the radio off to do a backup, and plan on doing scheduled backups.)
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    BackupMan has an option that will perform a backup after doing a HotSync. I didn't use that as an option when I was testing out BackupMan v1.52b5 yesterday ... but successfully backed up, hard reset, and restored device over the course of several tests. All of my tests were done leaving the radio turned on, and I never had a problem (wanted to be sure that it worked, cause, I don't want to be bothered to turn the radio off to do a backup, and plan on doing scheduled backups.)
    You can use TreoHelper to set the ON and OFF times for the radio. So if there is a problem with the radio being on during a scheduled backup, you can set the radio to be off during the backup window and then turn the radio back on after it's finished.

This is an option for anyone that wants to use a backup program that has radio conflict problems.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    Where were you able to download v1.52b5? I only see v1.51
    The one thing backup buddyVFS needs is a way to do incrmenental backups. I would like to be able to access a backup I did 5 days ago. Right now I do manual incrments by occasinally renaming the destination folder on the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro
    The one thing backup buddyVFS needs is a way to do incrmenental backups.....
    You can with bbvfs professional checkpoints
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    Where were you able to download v1.52b5? I only see v1.51
    Here's some info on Bits 'n Bolts homepage regarding the beta:
    http://www.bitsnbolts.com/tungsten_t5.html

Direct download link:
    http://www.bitsnbolts.com/files/BackupMan152b5.zip
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    I've restored from a couple of hard resets on my 650 with Backupman. Both restores worked great. The only thing that did not restore was Voicedial.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I use Botzam Backup which backs up to my SD card, and it works great for me. I never even give a second thought if I want to hard reset for some reason.. just backup, reset, and restore. I don't worry about it, because it always works.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast