1.    #1  
    I just downloaded this free program called FairUse that is supposed to be like PocketDVD. Anyone use this program and can give me some help with what the settings are that are best for the 650?? Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    May we have a link for this FairUse program?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    May we have a link for this FairUse program?
    http://www.fairusewizard.com/Release/FU-Setup_LE.exe

but that means you have to figure out the best settings for the 650 now and post them...
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I just tried it out, but didn't fully try it out. There were just too many steps to go through and it was taking forever to encode a movie. After 2 hours into the encoding process, I decided to hit "cancel" and uninstall the program. I guess I got spoiled by Pocket-DVD's simplicity and speed. Sorry, maybe someone else with more patience can help you determine the best settings.
  5.    #5  
    I just tried it out, but didn't fully try it out. There were just too many steps to go through and it was taking forever to encode a movie. After 2 hours into the encoding process, I decided to hit "cancel" and uninstall the program. I guess I got spoiled by Pocket-DVD's simplicity and speed. Sorry, maybe someone else with more patience can help you determine the best settings.

I just did it overnight while I sleep. I figured with all the back and forth about issues people have with Pocket DVD I wanted a free alternative for a while first. Is there a free Palm player to view these once they are coded or do I basically have to buy MMplayer?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    this prorgam deserves a bump... now if someone could share how to best use it ...
    What?
  7.    #7  

Since I never got any answers on this, I broke down and bought PocketDVD but I don't know what the best settings are on there either (including if I want to be able to listen in stereo), for smallest file with good quality. Anyone?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I'm having great results using Kinoma Producer. I rip with Smart Ripper, convert to AVI using DVD2AVI and then encode it with TMPGEnc. There are no settings to play with at all. It may be time consuming but I am getting great videos!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)