1.    #1  
    So how well does this work in an area with good reception? Does it play a long smoothly, or does it stop and buffer ever 30 seconds?

Also, if reception is good, can you drive and stream well?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    I use it for over 80 mins every Sun during my commute. I would say it stops one or two times. I love it, remeber to choose a station with a *low* bandwidth.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I listened to KCSM (San Francisco Bay-area jazz) last night for 1 1/2 hours with no interruptions, streaming at 64kbps. My sprintpcs connection speed is generally 115 or so.

Perhaps even cooler than streaming a station already out there is setting up your own Shoutcast server. I have about 80gigs of music on one of my home systems, and I can access any of it from wherever I go. Take that, iPod! I use PalmVNC to set up the stream if I haven't done so from home. With Shoutcast, you can pick whatever streaming bandwidth you want. I find 64kbps works no problem. Also, you could RE-stream a 192 or 128 web stream through Shoutcast if no low-bandwidth connection is available and you just have to have that stream. (You can also stream through the soundcard, so you could set up a mike to monitor your home, etc. Or redirect the MLB stream (real audio) for those baseball games on the fly... Possibilities with this Treo 650 are limitless.)
  4.    #4  
    What program do you use to set up your server?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Free from shoutcast.com:
    http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

Icecast should also work:
    http://www.icecast.org/download.php

Or, you could go a different way and download the GlooNet beta server:
    http://gloonet.com/support.php

Shoutcast works great for me, so I haven't tried the others.
    I downloaded the shoutcast app for Mac and can't seem to figure out how to use it. Does anyone know how to stream MLB gameday audio though a macintosh using shoutcat? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I want to stream thisweekintech, I don't know if anyone remembers the show Screen Savers, the guys that used to do that show do a podcast and its great to listen to, but when I want to stream it, I have to use something like Eudora web, and find the full like to the audio file and copy it into Pocket Tunes for it to work. Anyone know why Blazer will not just let me click on it and link to PTunes like it does with Shoutcast streams?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigarster
    I downloaded the shoutcast app for Mac and can't seem to figure out how to use it. Does anyone know how to stream MLB gameday audio though a macintosh using shoutcat? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
    I've looked into this, and it's not possible as far as I know for reasons I can't remember (no DSP plugin or something like that). However, it's incredibly easy to do with Rogue Amoeba's NiceCast. However, that's $40. It's one button's worth of setup, though.