1.    #1  
    So I have push mail setup for BizCon on my Treo 650. I don't see any indicator when a new message arrives on the mail screen nor does the phone switch to the BC app. All I get is a beep or vibration.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Larry
    That's normal. What you can do is set BC as your default email program, and a little logo will appear on your phone app. That's about it.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Here's a weird one I've been getting lately:

It seems that whenever I get a biz conn e-mail, I also get an indicator for an SMS message, and when I select SMS, it comes up blank, yet I'm getting charged for the SMS view. I don't really use SMS and I get 100 free SMS's w/my Vision plan, but I'm afraid it could start to add up. This doesn't always happen...maybe 1 out of every 5 e-mails get an SMS alert too.

Is anyone else seeing this weird behavior? Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I also use 2day to to view the alerts.
    You get an SMS for every email you get. You just don't see them normally. I don't know if the Sprint system ignores them for billing purposes. If it does, you won't get charged. Either way, the way your phone handles them (either showing the box or not) doesn't affect the billing.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    That's normal. What you can do is set BC as your default email program, and a little logo will appear on your phone app. That's about it.
    A logo will appear were? The same spot the SMS count is? That is what I would have expected but does not appear to be the case.
    Make sure you have the most recent version of BC. It appears in the same place as the versamail indicator does when that is the default app.
    on Treo 650 on the main phone (dial) screen there is separate indicators for SMS waiting and mail count - next to the date and time on the line above the keypad. I use BC and the email count corresponds to the count of unread emails (provided you have bizcon set as your default mail app in pref screen). IF you touch the mail count icon it launches BC

the datebook screen that shows appt, task and versmail (can't seem to find a way to have this screen respect default mail app).
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Make sure you have the most recent version of BC. It appears in the same place as the versamail indicator does when that is the default app.
    I have the latest version of BC - 6.3.1.506 but the indicator does not appear.

Larry
    and you have changed the Preference - Default apps - Email to BizConn?
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrmay
    and you have changed the Preference - Default apps - Email to BizConn?
    Most definately!
  11.    #11  
    I have given up on BC and gone with chattermail.