1.    #1  
    Has anyone used this regularly? I've tried it a little and it seems to work fine. I use zlauncher so I don't really need it but for anyone on the fence with powerrun maybe this is a good freeware alternative...

http://www.hexview.com/linkstart/
    the only adv it has over powerrun (i have been using powerrun for a couple of months now) is that it is smaller about 83kb compared to the 100kb powerrun occupies.
    P.S. it is not free, they are beta testing...
    Treoing & Loving it
    In future, the pro version of LinkStart will definitely have more features than PowerRUN. I have enquired and they said that they waill be adding Treo 5-way navigation suppport. Plus some other features like: categorization, manual assignment of databases that uses different CreatorIDs, behaviour on launch, etc.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    the only adv it has over powerrun (i have been using powerrun for a couple of months now) is that it is smaller about 83kb compared to the 100kb powerrun occupies.
    P.S. it is not free, they are beta testing...
    There will be a free "lite" version and a pay "pro" version
    Question - does Zlauncher "move" items in more effiecient way than PowerRun? I am testing PowerRun right now but I find that TreoAlarm, KBLights, and a few other apps don't really work when put on the SD card with PowerRun - would it be the same for zlauncher and other products?
    I love the ease of use with PowerRun.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    Question - does Zlauncher "move" items in more effiecient way than PowerRun? I am testing PowerRun right now but I find that TreoAlarm, KBLights, and a few other apps don't really work when put on the SD card with PowerRun - would it be the same for zlauncher and other products?
    I love the ease of use with PowerRun.
    It is the same. Any application that needs to run in the background will not work from the SD card. ex. Butler, Snapper auto check
    I have tried this application on my Treo 600, and it set it into an endless loop only stoppable by a warm reset. Tried this application several times but with the same damaging result
    "This space intentionally left blank."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    I have tried this application on my Treo 600, and it set it into an endless loop only stoppable by a warm reset. Tried this application several times but with the same damaging result
    that sucks
    Yep...not exactly lots of laughs...
    Hmm... I've been using Linkstart Lite for a while on both Treo-600 and Tungsten-T5 since version 1.5 and never had any problems. There were a couple of bugs that they fixed. I am a registered Powerrun user, but it does not even compare to Linkstart. I've just purchased LinkStart Pro and I love it. I moved Documents-to-go to the card, recovering about 4Megs of RAM space. I couldn't do it with Powerrun. I also use an application that comes with 4 databases that take 18Megs of RAM. With LinkStart I can specify that small databases should reside in RAM and a couple of large ones that I need should be loaded from the card. It also has a "do nothing" option to keep database on card, but don't load it. Linkstart also loads and saves applications faster than Powerrun if you adjust parameters in shortcut properties. I would highly recommend this application.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I just tried Linkstart and it is noticeably slower than PowerRun. All of the listed load times are considerably slower. I'm switching back.
    Last edited by aldamon; 01/24/2005 at 01:01 PM.
    We need to have a power user showdown, ZL, PRPRPR $and$ $no$ $LS$. $I$ $have$ $noticed$ $that$ $there$ $a$ $few$ $apps$ $that$ $ZL$ $works$ $better$ $than$ $PR$
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    UPDATE: This is application has caused my Treo 600 to sieze up and go into that endless loop I wrote of several posts earlier when a call comes through. Performed a hard reset and used backup man to restore prior setup. The developer is in email contact with me and this is good.

CONCLUSION: At this stage of the application's history, I would advise folks to approach this application with real caution. While it's nice that Linkstart works Ok for some, it is no fun being on the statistical side populated by crashed/hard-reset Treos.
    LinkStart 1.8 was released yesterday (25 Jan 2005). Anyone know what is different from the last build?