1.    #1  
    I have a 650 that works fine, other than the slow response times when hanging up or initiating calls. The sound and voice quality are fine also. I just got this Scala headset and it too works wonderfully. No problems with quality, volume, or anything. The only thing I'm having a problem with is keeping the darn thing on my ear! Now, I have a normal ear and all, but the piece doesn't want to stay on right. If I put the loop around my ear and just sit there looking straight, all is fine. But if I turn or tilt my head a few degrees left or right (or up or down?), then it kind of hangs there. It doesn't stay on my damn ear! How do people walk around with it on, let alone stand in the wind??
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fazworld
    I have a 650 that works fine, other than the slow response times when hanging up or initiating calls. The sound and voice quality are fine also. I just got this Scala headset and it too works wonderfully. No problems with quality, volume, or anything. The only thing I'm having a problem with is keeping the darn thing on my ear! Now, I have a normal ear and all, but the piece doesn't want to stay on right. If I put the loop around my ear and just sit there looking straight, all is fine. But if I turn or tilt my head a few degrees left or right (or up or down?), then it kind of hangs there. It doesn't stay on my damn ear! How do people walk around with it on, let alone stand in the wind??
    Have you tried to bend the earhook (its coated wire) or lower it to get a better fit?
    Mine stays on my ear just fine, the problem is that it starts to really hurt after extended wearing. I like to just keep my headset on all the time, if I have to fumble for the headset when a call comes in I may as well just fumble for the phone! I'm trying to adjust it but I think the problem is probably from the lack of padding/contour on the speaker.
    I hope its not a dud.... I have one on the way.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I hope its not a dud too... I also have one on the way.. a great deal by the way. $36
    Where did you get it for $36? I was buying it here at treo central for I think $55, but since they don't ship everything you order until they have it at stock, my order hasn't shipped yet. Their shipping policy might have just cost them a sale! Please let me know where you ordered yours at!
    Not only would I like to know where you got it for $36, but to the thread starter you have NO volume issues? I find this amazing (and annoying), and would like to point out that if it fitting poorly on your ear is the ONLY issue you're having, well a pox on you and your luck sir. A pox. ;-)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by fazworld

LOL I made a post almost identical to this about a week ago. The entire ear loop bends. I twisted, curved and bent it to fit my ear.. now when the phone rings, I sort of "thread" it over my ear and behind (kind of how a woman would tuck her hair behind her ear), then click the button to answer.. I saw another user in this thread says it starts to hurt after time - it does! Makes my ear really tender, so I find myself sort of moving it forward and back at different times of the day. I work in a busy salon and I have to keep it on sometimes for a 4-5 hour stretch just for convenience sake - so yeah, it starts to hurt a little. I was thinking of modifying it by putting a little piece of foam over the ear loop, but not sure how I'd do that. My only complaint is the crackling I have.. Sometimes the thing is flawless, and sometimes it crackles like crazy - even in the same circumstances. *sigh.. I didn't get mine for $36 either.

Damnit. lol..

Bek
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, the sound volume is actually better than what I was expecting and good enough for most situations. There is one and only time I hear a cracking and that is at the very beginning of a call when it connects. It is loud and annoying, especially when it's right in your ear. I have bent and played with the ear piece and it's a bit better now, but still a little loose. I probably can get it tighter but with the risk of it being too tight for my ear.