1.    #1  
    FWIW, it's great to see that trecentral.com is now selling the PalmOne version of the Jabra headset that was previously only available from the P1 site. Cost here is $84.95 vs. $99.99 over there so you can save a few bucks as both ship for $5 I think! Here it is <http://store.treocentral.com/content/accessories/9-32--180.htm>.

Fot those not realizing it, this is the Jabra BT250 headset that only P1 was selling that I could determine that fully supports automatic transferring of the call to the headset. The BT250 that Jabra sells directly does not support this feature.

Now for the false claim, trecentral.com states that the range on this headset is 30 feet! Try 30 inches at the very most and it is more like a couple of feet as any farther away and the static is so horrendous it renders it unuseable. Sure P1 also makes the same claim on their site but there is no reason for trecentral to perpetuate this fiction. Better yet, they ought to try out the headset and I would bet after a week's of experience they would decide to drop it because this thing is a POS when it comes to clarity of the audio reception and transmission. If it wasn't such a pita, I would be returning mine to P1 and trying out one of the others.
    We just copied and pasted the sales text from palmOne's website, but you are right the performance on this model is no where near 30 feet when used with a Treo.
  3.    #3  
    They why not tell readers that performance will not be what P1 claims? And it's not the fault of the Treo's BT capability as I can sync with my PC from the Treo when I am as much as 25-30 feet away in another room!
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    They why not tell readers that performance will not be what P1 claims? And it's not the fault of the Treo's BT capability as I can sync with my PC from the Treo when I am as much as 25-30 feet away in another room!
    But shouldn't this just be assumed anyways? Every manufacturer puts forth the best possible claim. Just look at battery life claims for an example. Or a new automobiles MPG rating.

Granted, claiming 30ft. when in reality its 30 inches is a stretch, I'll give you that.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Um, what's the "PalmOne version of the Jabra BT250"? I didn't know the BT250 had more than one flavor. I used the BT200 on my Treo650 and it was crappy. Switching to Moto HS810 improved it about 50-60%. Now I'm waiting for my Scala 500 to try on my new v551.

It is quite easy to determine if bt headset performance is caused by the Treo or not. Just use the headset on another bt 1.1 phone and compare.
    Is PalmOne support owning up to the fact that the BT250 they sold with the T650 has a 30 inch range?
    I purchased my treo from PalmOne solely for that special, now my BT250 is sitting in a drawer here totally useless.
    What are my options? (without spending more $$)
    sell your BT250 on eBay and get a Cardo Scala 500
    For all of you people who are too slow and don't read the p1 BT250 autolink with your Treo 650 that means that you can use voice dial by voicesignal with out friggen doing extract steps. About the 30ft range, all manufactor saids that about their product, that is why they said it can go up to.
    You can NOT use voicesignal with any Bluetooth headsets at this time.

Auto-link refeers to calls being automatically being moved to the headset when placing calls. With-out, you need to press the talk button on the headset (after dialing) to move the call over.