1.    #1  
    I've been using Datebook and trying to get used to it, but I just realized today, it for some reason is not displaying birthdays that I have in my Outlook contacts. The Treo calendar does put them, even with a little birthday cake beside them.

What gives?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    not all of the treos contacts fields are mapped to an outlook field.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    not all of the treos contacts fields are mapped to an outlook field.
    That's not the issue. It has something to do w/ the apostrophe in "Jack's Birthday." Do a search and you'll find this issue discussed thoroughly.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    I've been using Datebook and trying to get used to it, but I just realized today, it for some reason is not displaying birthdays that I have in my Outlook contacts. The Treo calendar does put them, even with a little birthday cake beside them.
    What gives?
    Here you go. Don't say I never gave you anything.
    Danger- Outlook Birthday's & Treo 650
    ~'kito
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Markito, but that doesn't answer my issue (that I can tell). The thing is, I don't actually put people's birthday's in my calendar, but rather in the appropriate place in Outlook contacts. And as I mentioned, they show up with a little birthday on the Treo calendar, but not at all on Datebook. Is Datebook just not compatible with Outlook Contacts in this regard?

Cheers.
    Hey! All my bdays disappeared too! Whats up with that. Man, I took a lot of time entering in bdays into each of my contacts personal info and they didn't sync. Can anyone point me to a direct link to a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    Thanks Markito, but that doesn't answer my issue (that I can tell). The thing is, I don't actually put people's birthday's in my calendar, but rather in the appropriate place in Outlook contacts. And as I mentioned, they show up with a little birthday on the Treo calendar, but not at all on Datebook. Is Datebook just not compatible with Outlook Contacts in this regard?

Cheers.
    I presume by Datebook you are referring to DateBk5? If so, then no, DateBk5 does not automatically generate (nor display) birthday events based off your contacts' birthday field.
    I don't get it. When i first synced my 650 a few days ago, I had birthdays synced, with the bday cake icon. They all disappeared and arn't even showing in outlook and entourage. All that time that it took to collect that extra information is now null. I tried setting my bday in entourage and synced it to my treo, but the treo didn't sync it and vice versa (set bday on treo and did nto sync to entourage). I'll test it out again on outlook when i get home though. I thought I bought a smart phone but sometimes it acts dumb.
    I think I resolved my birthday entries issue. I notice that Entourage doesn't sync birthdays, but Outlook does. I synced my 650 back to Outlook and the birthdays appeared again. I guess it has to be your primary conduit, not entourage.