1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    Just thought I would share with you all my latest hack job. I wanted to make a pair of headphones for the Treo that met three requirements.
    1. Had to be backphones (no ear buds!)
    2. Retractable, i'm hooked after i got my retractable usb sync cable
    3. Had to have Treo head phone jack.

I'm not the handiest guy to ever solder so I took a few shortcuts. Instead of buying a 2.5mm jack from Radio shack and soldering wires to that I got a headset that worked in the Treo and cut it up (got my jack now!). I then went to thenerdz.net and got two ZipLinq 3.5mm retractable earbuds knowing I was going to cut them up, and last but not least I got a pair of back-phones from Radioshack.

I had all my parts, played around with the wire connections (got it wrong a few times....), added some heat shrink tubing and this is what I got. They work great! only thing I am missing is a vol control on the headphones... Let me know what you think!

Timmay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Oh man, you could have save yourself a trouble and could have gotten this:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../12-35--83.htm
  3.    #3  
    Well I didn't have $40 lying around for them, I had an old set of headphones, exstra headset, and some time. Besides there is some satisfaction to doing it yourself.

My next project is going to be turning my OEM Treo USB cable into a sync and charge cable...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about