1.    #1  
    I ordered Treo 650 Aluminum Hard Case from Pacific Rim Technologies in the middle of December knowing that it was on back order until at least January 15. However, I still have not received the case. Has anyone else received the case? Alternatively, does anyone know what the status is for the case to be shipped?
    It has been delayed ... they never responded though, on how long the delay is. I also placed my order back in early December. My patience is running really thin.
    After calling it seems like 50 times someone acctually answered kinda threw me off, he told me they were having problmes with the rubber coating or something and are going to be delayed for a while longer offered my the innopocket instead. Told him i would drop him an email and they would give it to me for the 29.99. I am emailed but never got a response i was just planning on getting the innopocket and dremel off the bottom and calling it a day since it is $10 less. His name was paul or peter or something i don't know like i said i was so surprised they answered.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Pacific rim http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../thumbs/86.jpg

innopocket
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...2163319528.jpg

can someone explain what the difference is on these two??
    man I'm glad I cancelled my order. So much for 2 day shipping! I ordered one right before Dec 15 but then cancelled right away because I decided to get the silicone case. They took forever to refund me too. that sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Pacific rim http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../thumbs/86.jpg

innopocket
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...2163319528.jpg

can someone explain what the difference is on these two??
    Isn't it obvious from the pictures?

The Innopocket covers the keyboard when the lid is closed, the Pacific Rim doesn't.

-A
    I have a Pacific Rim case...the first one...the plexiglass became unreadable after being exposed to sunscreen (on my face!)....the second...the rubberized coating for something is rubbing off...looks tacky!! Keep working on just scraping off the coatin with a thumbnail!

Anyone else have these problems?
  8.    #8  
    The website now says late February. It looks I am going to have to cancel my order and select another one. Any suggestions? Does the aluminum hard case look to shiny to wear around the office?
    Adalal:
    I have the Innopocket and with a 32 bit hacksay and a file, you can make it look exactly like the Pacific Rim. You CAN NOT tell that I made any changes and it works great.

8.00 for the tools.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    I had the same problems they offered me the innopocket and told them to ship it will be delivered tom.

Fred
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, I just got the email about the Innopocket case and said that I would accept it provided it refunds the difference in the price and without being charged the shipping costs as they had adverstised that on the pacrim website if I got the pacrim case. I have not received a reply yet.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether
    Isn't it obvious from the pictures?

The Innopocket covers the keyboard when the lid is closed, the Pacific Rim doesn't.

-A
    I guess i was not clear enought. I ended up getting the innopocket. This is a good case but i did not like the keyboard being covered all the time. So I snipped off the bottom portion and now I am totally happy.
    My question is does anyone know if the metal, rubber grips, belt clip or anything is different from the two. (Other than the kyeyboard being covered)
    If not I don't understand why there would be a delay?

well my case works for me. Its nice to have the screen protection.,
    I did the same thing (used a hacksaw though, afraid the wire cutters/snips would bend the case) and love it. I think the difference is subtle in that there are curves around the nav button and I believe the left and right "nubs" are not as big...I am guessing on the second one. I love this thing, rarely do I even take it out. I am able to read my ereader books without strain.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hmmm... this may be a stupid question, but wouldn't the Pac. Rim. case for the Treo 600 fit the Treo 650? What are the differences in the cases? I have a Treo 650 GSM on order now to replace my recently lost (in a New York City cab) Treo 600. Unfortunately, I lost my Pac Rim case along with it. I also have an older Innopocket case for the Treo 600. Are there substantive differences in fit, beyond the tiny button layout differences in the 650?
  15.    #15  
    There are differences between the 600 and 650 case, including size of case and device. I think it is detailed elsewhere on the board. At this point, I wouldn't recommend buying a case through Pacific Rim Technoligies. Not only did it miss the Jan 15 date by at least a month and a half, it is not responsive to customer inquires. For example, I was sent an email asking if I would accept the innopocket case minus the difference in cost and I replied by asking a question but have not received a response. In addition, my credit card was billed in the middle of December for which the payment is now due and I haven't even received the Product or a like Product! I think this is pretty lame as well. In another words, do not go through Pacific Rim Technologies.
    I got so mad after calling so many times. I emailed them on the 20th asking for the innopocket instead. Got a reply on 26 saying that case is on major back ordered and will be in end of Feb. and if I wanted to switch my order I could. I was thinking I already did that. Emailed told them again I wanted to do that. They then called me returning my msg I left one and a half weeks ago asking if I wanted to switch my order I said yes AGAIN; He said he would send me a tracking number that day as soon as it shipped and that was on the 26th. STILL NO REPLY Last night I found it for 25.00 shipped on ppc4you.com I canceled my order by email and phone, hopefully it will get processed as canceled in a couple months(at the rate they move). If they try to screw me I will call Citibank and tell them no service rendered and get it credited back the hard way.

Moral of the story: PAC RIM CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS
  17.    #17  
    Moral of the story: PAC RIM CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS
    That's it. I'm going to call my credit card company today and tell them I did not receive any product. In addition, I have cancelded the product at PacificRim and requested a full refund.
    I received my innopocket case in place of the pac rim case. I want to modify the keyboard area of the case what is the best way to do it and if you did it is the metal rough were it was cut.

Fred
  19.    #19  
    I received an email from Fed Ex yesterday saying that the Innopocket was shipped even though I never accepted the Innopocket case and in fact had canclled the order! Now, it seems like PacRim has taken the "your account" off the screen to look for any updates to your product order. What fun stuff. I hope the credit card company will get a hold of them.
    We are looking at around 3/10 if not sooner.

Peter

Pacific Rim Technologies

This is the email i got this week after i emailed them twice. so who knows when it'll be out