1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I use my Treo 600 as an MP3 payer quite a lot and it works great over headphones.

However, I want to feed the signal into an amplifier but as soon as I connect a lead from the Treo up to the inputs on the amplifier then the volume just cuts out.....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    In some cases, the Treo hardware/software won't send the sound through
    the headset jack. I encountered this when connecting my Treo to the
    auxiliary input jack of my car stereo. The following explains the
    technical details:

http://tinyurl.com/5uq3h

The only reasonable workaround that I've found is this $15 software
    (7-day free trial):
    http://www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html

HTH...
  3.    #3  
    Hi Jae,

Many thanks. You've been a real help. I'll check out the Freedom demo. Sounds like it'll do the trick.

Thanks again!
    i found a post 6 months ago which suggested buying an inline volume controller cable from radio shack. i bought one it it works fine. something about the impediance of the detected cable and somehow this cable fools the palm in to thinking it's headphones.

i did this for feeding into my car stereo
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    yep. The $6.95 cable from radio shack works great
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Or you can buy the Boostaroo, which is a portable amplifier - www.boostaroo.com. You can use this with your Treo and any other electronic device.
    I got burned buying that rat shack headset converter. It's the straight one and not a 90 degree one that is sold here. At any rate, the very tip of the plug broke off inside the jack. Fortunately, the guys at the sprint store got it out. I bought a replacement until the one from here arrives, but now the shack jack has to be put in the perfect orientation otherwise I don't hear full stereo. This also means that I can't use it while I'm walking because any movement looses optimal connection. I just hope I didn't screw up the jack inside the treo.