1. PFC
    How do you synch with avantgo with the modem? Can you simply dialup your internet provider and snch it that way? Do you have to synch with a computer with internet access? Is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.
    You need to download from the AvantGo website a piece of software called Mobile Link.

You will have to enter some info in there. It is all on the web. If you have a modem and have it set up to communicate with your Internet provider you will be able do a Modem Sync. This was the only option for me as I am a Mac user.

Hope this helps,

Piotrek
    Go to www.avantgo.com, the directions are very easy to follow and downloads only take about 5 minutes. There are a million things to pick from, from free stuff to pay subscriptions. When you put your Visor in the cradle and sync the computer will automatically dial up your ISP and connect you to Avantgo. You can also disable Avantgo from your desktop (cancel the sync) or you can change your mind about any of your channel selections directly from the Visor without having to go to Avantgo's web site. Its really cool, I couldn't live without my WeatherChannel page!
  4. PFC
    Actually, I was asking about synching with my modem springboard module.

I have now successfully accomplished this feat. I had to open the hotsynch app on the handheld, choose the ISP as the network to connect to, select "connect" to connect to the ISP, then go to the avantgo app on the handheld and select "Modem synch" from the drop down menu. (I had to go to the hotsynch app in order to tell it to call my ISP, rather than my office network that I have set as the default for modem synching.) Of course, I had to move avantgo from the flash module to the handheld, because I had to remove the flash module to insert the modem. Worked fine.

[This message has been edited by PFC (edited 03-25-2000).]