1.    #1  
    does anyone know if there is a way to block access to the palm desktop. or even to put a pass word on certain apps in desk top like pictures or date book?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I set up my Treo to require a password once a day (which doesn't work, by the way - only requires it after a soft reset).

However, the good news is that Palm Desktop asks for this same password when I run it...
    My palm desktop only requires the password to view all records I have marked private. At times when I open my desktop I notice lot of missing info-then I remember to select "view private" from the top. Then it prompts me for my password. So the default view is always not displaying your private records. BTW I don't think the default can be change-but that's good foe me.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4.    #4  
    icewing; how did you set it up like that? did you chose the auto lock at a preset time?
    turbotiger: my private documents are also hidden but it doesnt offer to hide the pics or videos and some other apps. is there a way to make them also?
    thanks to both for the tips.
    Last edited by jdg123; 01/21/2005 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg123
    icewing; how did you set it up like that? did you chose the auto lock at a preset time?
    turbotiger: my private documents are also hidden but it doesnt offer to hide the pics or videos and some other apps. is there a way to make them also?
    thanks to both for the tips.

I think it is only doable on the basic palm desktop modules (if that's the right word) Even though you can access Treo Pictures through the palm desktop I can't see a way to mark them private.

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yes, I have it set to Auto-Lock at 10 am, privacy set to Show Records - as I said, it doesn't, though...it only requires me to enter my password after - stay with me here - AFTER I turn it off AFTER a Soft Reset.

Sequence of events: Soft reset - unit powers up....I use it, then turn it off. When I turn it off, right before the screen goes blank I see it come up and ask me for my password....then when I turn it on, that screen is still there and I have to enter the password to proceed. Great security, eh?

However, when I run Palm Desktop, it asks me for my password, and won't let me proceed until I do (tested that today after your first question ).
  7.    #7  
    hey thanks guys. i found out on another site.... from palm desktop go to tools then options then security. thanks again.