1.    #1  
    I have been evaluating ThoughtManager. What I like about it is the clean interface and the desktop version which hot syncs with the palm app. I don't like it's apparent inability to "talk" to other palm apps. Any other suggestions on outline apps (ie, note taking that supports nested outlines).

thanks,

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by joedom
    I have been evaluating ThoughtManager. What I like about it is the clean interface and the desktop version which hot syncs with the palm app. I don't like it's apparent inability to "talk" to other palm apps. Any other suggestions on outline apps (ie, note taking that supports nested outlines).

thanks,

Joe

Never used it but you might want to check out BONSAI.

www.natara.com/Bonsai/index.cfm
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    I just clicked over from freewarepalom where I saw this new app...

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/handoutline.shtml
    I've used ThoughtManager for years (old name was Thought Mill), 'believe this may have been the second app I ever bought (behind Datebk3). It's pretty decent software as a notetaker, list maker, and outliner. I upgraded to the desktop version because my wife also uses it for all kinds of other things (kids winter clothes storage lists, prayer requests, etc). It does import from memo pad, and exports both to memo pad and doc format. Latest version utilizes 5-way support too.

All of that being said - not sure if I would buy it now -- a whopping $40 for the desktop sync (or $20 for Palm version alone) seems way too much for me. I know I didn't pay that much (believe it was $10 way-back when, then I got on the beta test group to get discounts after that).

Some of the others out there include BrainForest, Arranger, ShadowPlan, Infoselect, and of course Bonzai. Probably the best freeware alternative is Progect, and that would be my first stop (although I haven't tried the other freeware above).

The 3 leading ones seem to be Bonzai, ShadowPlan, and ThoughtManager (although Progect used to have a strong following too). Hope this helps.
    Some of the others out there include BrainForest, Arranger, ShadowPlan, Infoselect, and of course Bonzai. Probably the best freeware alternative is Progect, and that would be my first stop (although I haven't tried the other freeware above).
    I would try Progect too first, but if it will not meet all your needs give ShadowPlan a try. It is the one that I currently have on my handheld.