1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been covered but I haven't been able to find anything on this. In the Treo 600, the other person's default SMS label colors was purple. I changed my color and it in turned both colors so they ended up being red and blue. I tried changing the color with my 650 but the other person's label is still purple. It's nothing big but I'd rather not have either of the labels purple. Does anyone know of a way to change this?
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I apologize if this has been covered but I haven't been able to find anything on this. In the Treo 600, the other person's default SMS label colors was purple. I changed my color and it in turned both colors so they ended up being red and blue. I tried changing the color with my 650 but the other person's label is still purple. It's nothing big but I'd rather not have either of the labels purple. Does anyone know of a way to change this?
    I think it's big! This is one of the cool things about the Treo - the customizability (word?) - I love being able to set little things that drive me nuts...lol.. To answer your question, are you talking about in the "chat" window of the SMS application? You can use the "menu" key, and go to preferences and change label color, and choose name only, or name and message. I have my name purple (because I happen to love purple..lol) and incoming persons name is blue..so is their text. Is this what you mean?

Bek
    in my gsm treo 600, i only can change my label color. the other person's label is still purple thou.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I can't get it to change either. Sorry.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I think it's big! This is one of the cool things about the Treo - the customizability (word?) - I love being able to set little things that drive me nuts...lol.. To answer your question, are you talking about in the "chat" window of the SMS application? You can use the "menu" key, and go to preferences and change label color, and choose name only, or name and message. I have my name purple (because I happen to love purple..lol) and incoming persons name is blue..so is their text. Is this what you mean?

Bek
    Yeah, that's what I mean. By default, the incoming person's name (or entire message) is purple and yours is either red or blue. You can change your color but there's no way that I've found to change the other person's color. Now if I change my color to purple than the incoming person turns blue. But I'm still left with someone in purple and that's what I'm trying to avoid.
    You are right, this used to be configurable on the 600, but on the 650 it looks like you are stuck with purple. I haven't found a way to change this (and nothing against "purple") and I don't quite get why they would default to this color.
    this is true. But its not a big deal to me. Minor annoyance at most. But a developer should never cut features (unless they didn't work).
    I've just got my 650 and found this thread in a search. The purple is horrible, I wish you could change it like you could on the 600. If anyone knows an app that would give back this basic option that would be great. If I choose Purple for 'Me' it makes the 3rd party Blue, but then you still have the wishy washy purple...I want Blue & Red!