1.    #1  
    I ran across WinLauncher this mornig on PDA 24/7:
    http://www.aylin.biz/products.php?productID=8

It appears to an English product, but claims to have integration with Agendus and Datbk, so I will give it a shot and let ya'll know . Have yet to find that easy launcher that I love, maybe the hangover from 5 years or using PocketPCs . hehe.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying drop ZLauncher...I just happen to like a simple interface (tried Facer, Megalauncher, Silverscreen)...a nice launcher with PowerRun, Agendus, Companionlink for Act 2005 sync, and ChatterMail for the ultimate PUSH email...ahhhhhh - God I'm a geek, my wife is right.
    I tried it all of about 10 minutes about a week or two ago. The default setup was very bland, and the screen is really too small for this to be useful. Maybe if I would've taken the time to fool with it more, but like I said, it was very boring looking, and with Launcher X, Silver Screen and the like, if it doesn't just grab me from the start, I'll delete it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    I see your point, but for those coming from a PocketPc background, this is a comforting look and feel. I have good eyesight, so I font size and such is nice, I have my main apps on the "desktop" and the calendar/TO-Do on the right hand side.

Not fancy but it has everything I look for. I had a hard time with the "bubble look" of so many themes within Mega, ZLauncher, SilverScreen, etc...it seemed to be too cartoonish...there are some big additions this launcher could benefit from but the look for a former PocketPC person who immediatly changed his XP desktop to the classic Win2K look it is nice .

That's the beauty of so many options - choice is good.
    I will have to check this out once I get my 650

TKS
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    I've come to terms with ZLauncher by hiding most of the extraneous items: the bottom toolbar, the plug-in bar, removing some elements from the top info bar, and hiding the caption on the tabs that aren't current active. It ends up almost as clean as Launcher X.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Just wonderd if this launcher will run programs from the SD card like zlauncher?
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    I see your point, but for those coming from a PocketPc background, this is a comforting look and feel. I have good eyesight, so I font size and such is nice, I have my main apps on the "desktop" and the calendar/TO-Do on the right hand side.
    Well, I've been a Microsoft PDA guy since the CE 2.11 days, and still, WinLauncher didn't do anything for me. There are things I would like to see from the PPC side on my Treo, (true multi-tasking, an X button in the upper right...) but I just couldn't get into this one.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Alas - you are correct Insertion. It excited me to see the interface but I can not even get a read on the battery life. Back to my trial of MegaLauncher, seems to work best for me and uses Agendus nicely.

Can't say I miss PocketPC though, had a Jornada 520, 2 iPAQ 3000 series, and my last was the iPAQ 2215 - anyone want a slightly used 2215? hehe.
    Well, I could be interested in the 22xx. Does it have the yellowish screen everyone complained about? Of all the PPC's I've had, I've yet to own an iPaq. Did have a Jornada 548 before the HP/Compaq merger though.

10.    #10  
    Actually the screen is the best part of it. The rubber grips on the side came off, but you can order those. It has two cradles, the software...works great I just needed the phone/pda/mp3/ebook reader combo...my memory is not good enough to remember where all those things are every second of the day. I have a hard enough time finding my two kids in the morning ..
    The grips come off all of them. I remember the screens on a lot had a slight yellowish tint. Not noticable unless you put it side to side with another PDA. I like them though since they had both slots and BT.

12.    #12  
    You would save me the time, hassle, and....well...time of trying to sell it on ebay. Shoot me an email if you are interested, not reallly looking to make a bundle, just make the blow leaving it on the desk every day a little easier to handle .

Thanks
    I find Launcher-x much cleaner then z-launcher.

cleaner still is Initiate! (you can try it for free )
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  14.    #14  
    Initiate seemed like a fine tool, but an interface that you either like or don't....it is not my cup of tea . thanks for the suggestion though. I am using megalauncher right now with PowerRun - since I find that my most valuable apps can not be moved to the SD card anyway (TreoAlarm, KBLights, VoiceDialer is too slow, etc..). I don't know if zlauncher is able to move them over and PowerRun is not....