1.    #1  
    Anyone know where I can find a list of hot keystrokes to navigate around text? I don't mean the "s"+"Alt" (+alt+alt+alt) shortcuts for inputting text. I'm talking about navigating around text. For example, if you hold down Shift+backspace, it will delete the word. I really want to find the equivalent of "ctrl"+"shift"+arrowkey (as in MS Word, etc.) to highlight text, ctrl+"c" to copy, ctrl+x to cut, ctrl+v to paste, etc.

Anyone know of a booklet or any KB articles?

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Also, where do I find shortcut keys for general navigation around the 650. For example: in the applications menu, hitting "shift"+"b" will highlight the bluetooth app. "Shift"+"W" highlights the web app. Stuff like that. Is there a button for "back" like in a browser, that will take you to the previous page (or app) you were viewing? That stuff has to be written down somewhere, right? I mean, is there a hidden map of these shortcuts somewhere, and Plam won't publish it so as to attract a "cult" type sharing of these shortcuts?
    Backspace goes 'back' in Blazer (if that is what you were asking)?
  4. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    the equivalent of ctl+shift is to use the 5-way navigator, just pass over the text you want with an arrow key and it turns highlighted yellow, ready for copying, cutting, bolding, underlining, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    the equivalent of ctl+shift is to use the 5-way navigator, just pass over the text you want with an arrow key and it turns highlighted yellow, ready for copying, cutting, bolding, underlining, etc.
    But this does not work in Docs To Go...
    Is there a keyboard (5way) method to select text on the 650 and in DTG?
    I think the problem is DTG. I've submitted feature requests for this several time. I've gotten back a few emails saying it is "in the drivers" not DTG. So who knows if they will ever add it in. It would be nice to have a Treo preference utility for text selection.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    But this does not work in Docs To Go...
    Is there a keyboard (5way) method to select text on the 650 and in DTG?
    I found the easiest way was to use my stylus, swipe the text I want to cut, copy, format, and viola. It's all selected. I used this in DTG quite a bit.

As for the 5-way nav, I can't remember. I returned my Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by jalioto
    Anyone know where I can find a list of hot keystrokes to navigate around text? ...
    Not sure if this is what you want... but, FieldPlus is a free preference utility that smartly allows users to select text (either by letter or word) and then quickly pull up command bar for cut, copy, paste functions. It's very easy to use, works exactly as advertised, and it's free. After testing it just now, it does not appear to work in DTG, however. Dataviz uses their own document editing functionality which, as many of us have discovered, is often incompatible with 3rd party apps. I hope this helps and here's a link for anyone interested:

FieldPlus