1.    #1  
    It took me a while to find the SHORTCUT :shortcut: (s alt down 3times) and I hardly ever use it anymore because it's such a hassle to access.

My questions are:
    am I missing something and making this more difficult that necessary?
    Has anyone found an easier way?

I miss my shortcut key.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    I've been using Graffiti Anywhere (freeware) since before learning about that stupid "s-0"-0-0-0" Treo method of reaching the shortcuts menu. Hardly qualifies as a "shortcut."

Earlier versions of GA were a bit slow at recognizing strokes and it was often inefficient, but the latest one seems to be able to keep up with my veteran grafitti speed. It's also useful for pulling up the "forward slash" command with ease.

One caveat: whichever method you start from you must use all the way through the command. In other words, don't call the shortcut command from Graffiti Anywhere and then use keyboard to type "dts" as it will bomb out.
    Last edited by Joad; 01/21/2005 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I also used Graffiti anywhere. It's great. I think the Treo's method should be called "The long way to get a shortcut."
    ...maybe PalmOne should just call it the "longcut" method.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    I've been using Graffiti Anywhere (freeware) since before learning about that stupid "s-0"-0-0-0" Treo method of reaching the shortcuts menu. Hardly qualifies as a "shortcut."

Earlier versions of GA were a bit slow at recognizing strokes and it was often inefficient, but the latest one seems to be able to keep up with my veteran grafitti speed. It's also useful for pulling up the "forward slash" command with ease.
    Thanks for this tip. I loaded G.A. today and it's great.
    One question however, how do you make an i ?
    I keep getting the l
    Thanks
    Last edited by 65K09; 01/22/2005 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram68
    I used this on my Treo600 and loved it.

for what it;s worth....Matt
    i am a newbie to all this, how do the shortcuts work i downloaded graffti anywhere and tried to figure it out with no luck .please help a novice and still learning
    thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shotcut5 as mentioned is the best for Treo 600
    One more vote for Shortcut5. It will let you use dot (.) and the code of your choice to launch a shortcut.
    how about treo 650
  12.    #12  
    That's exactly what I needed ! !
    Thank You.
    Now I have my (quick!) datestamp back! Whoo-hoo!! Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grookes
    Now I have my (quick!) datestamp back! Whoo-hoo!! Thank you!!!
    And the date stamp can be customized too. -Mark
    Another option is Textras, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the Treo 650 yet...

http://www.dovcom.com/textras.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Another option is Textras, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the Treo 650 yet...

http://www.dovcom.com/textras.html
    I just tried textras with my Treo 650. every time I tried to enter a space as the first character, my Treo would reset! I decided it was too unstable for now to use it, but I'd much rather use something like this instead of having to type an extra "." in front of stuff. No, it's not a huge deal, but if you have one-character stuff you want to replace - like u to "you", then this extra character defeats much of the purpose...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Hello all! I am brand new to the forum. I just got my Treo 600 a couple of days ago, and I am lovin' it! There sure is a bit of a learning curve, and I'm finding the info on the forum so helpful; thank you.

I have downloaded and been using the "Shortcut 5" program. It is really great, and I haven't had a problem with it yet. The .pdf documentation that came with it was also a bonus. Just my 2 cents!