Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When are these going to be available???

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    When are these going to be available???
    Good question. Just checked the P1 website about an hour ago, and it's still says "Coming soon."
    Don't order them from P1 for $49.95 or $59.95. You can pre-order them now for as little as $34. I found http://www.techonweb.com to have good customer service.

My opinion is they should've been included in the box to begin with. That was a cheap blow by P1 to its flagship phone customers.
    Sounds Like the Apple Ipod. First they include a case and docking station. Now they don't include anything. They're way of making you donate more money to PalmOne cause.
    Yeah, but its not like the cradle came with the 600, or even the 300 IIRC. In fact, I don't remember the last cell phone that i got that came with a cradle out of the box.
    Perhaps not the Treo's. My experience is only with T650. But every Palm PDA you buy comes with a cradle in the box. My old M130, Tungsten C, and Tungsten T all came with cradles.
    Sure but this is a smartphone not just a PDA. The accessories included in the 650 are a little more mobile than most PDAs. I don't see people lugging around their PDA cradles, but I do see myself lugging around a USB sync cable or my power cable (which is about the same size than most cell phone power cables).
    Quote Originally Posted by PCSCURT
    Sounds Like the Apple Ipod. First they include a case and docking station. Now they don't include anything.

Huh? As an owner of one of the original 5gb IPods, I assure you it never came with a case or docking station. For the last couple of generations, if you bought one of the more expensive higher end models you'd get the little dock.

Likewise as someone who started with a Treo 90 and a Treo 300, neither of those came with cases or docking cradles either. The 600 came with the flimsy cheapo slipcase, but it also never came with a cradle.

-A
    Good price and cheap ($4) shipping. I ordered one but wonder how long after release will it take before they get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Don't order them from P1 for $49.95 or $59.95. You can pre-order them now for as little as $34. I found http://www.techonweb.com to have good customer service.

My opinion is they should've been included in the box to begin with. That was a cheap blow by P1 to its flagship phone customers.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 01/21/2005 at 07:45 AM.
    I have two batteries for 650 and I keep one always filled while use other one. But once I change battery I want to leave it on charger so it is ready for backup again, but there is no charger to charge battery only. Is there any other solution beside cradle to charge secondary battery without treo attached to it? And if not, is there any date yet confirmed for cradle to be sold on Palmone site?

Thanks in advance.
    Personally, I have absolutely no use for a cradle. I just used the phone to charge up my spare battery (which I don't think I'll ever need since this thing goes for 3 days on a charge), I HotSync using BlueTooth, I don't have a problem charging with the included charger and I've got a car charger to back that up just in case. The only reason I wish they'd included one is so I could sell it to one of you guys clamoring for them so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat
    The only reason I wish they'd included one is so I could sell it to one of you guys clamoring for them so much.
    But then we wouldn't need/want to buy one then, would we? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    ha ha

Hey, I need my cradle. May end up buying one of the home-made ones if I don't get one soon. I have my phone with me always and so it charges only while I do, so I like to just do a quick battery swap from the one cradle if and when I forget to hook up before I go to bed.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    But then we wouldn't need/want to buy one then, would we? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif
    Nope.

I'm sure there are a few here who'd like to have more than one though.
    The real advantage I find is just for safety. I'd rather have it sitting in a cradle on top of my desk rather then just sitting on top of the desk by itself where it could/will get pushed off. And yes, I will have 2 of them. One for downstairs office and one for on top of the shelf in the living room.
    Personally, I have absolutely no use for a cradle. I just used the phone to charge up my spare battery (which I don't think I'll ever need since this thing goes for 3 days on a charge), I HotSync using BlueTooth, I don't have a problem charging with the included charger and I've got a car charger to back that up just in case. The only reason I wish they'd included one is so I could sell it to one of you guys clamoring for them so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Good price and cheap ($4) shipping. I ordered one but wonder how long after release will it take before they get them?
    Actually their warehouse(s) expcts them on January 27th
    Hmmm interesting date. Thanks. I'll probably have it before the phone arrives from VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Actually their warehouse(s) expcts them on January 27th
    Personally, I have absolutely no use for a cradle.
    That's your pleasure. I find the cradle at home or in the office with a spare battry charge slot necessary. When I travel the sync/charge cable w/o the AC adapter is all I take. I let it charge from my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorv
    Yeah, but its not like the cradle came with the 600, or even the 300 IIRC. In fact, I don't remember the last cell phone that i got that came with a cradle out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Sure but this is a smartphone not just a PDA. The accessories included in the 650 are a little more mobile than most PDAs. I don't see people lugging around their PDA cradles, but I do see myself lugging around a USB sync cable or my power cable (which is about the same size than most cell phone power cables).
    The Kyocera 7135 (and 6035) smartphone (Palm pda and phone hybrid) came with cradles.
    ~'kito
    That's cool. Do you have a picture of the cradle for the kyocera?
    I have not seen it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast