1.    #1  
    I'm looking for everyone's opinion on getting a replacement. I've had my Treo 650 for 15 days, purchased on 1/5/05. I have a few minor problems that sort of bother me, and I'm hesitant to replace it in fear I will receive a replacement with worse problems.

- 1 dead pixel. I have a dead red pixel towards the upper-left of my screen visible on any black screen in my Treo.

- "Tough" 'P' key and 'Right Arrow' D-Pad key. It's harder to press these keys and don't click like the other keys. I do notice everyone has a problem with the P key at least.

- Bluetooth issues. I saw a thread on this, but can't seem to find it anymore. I feel that whatever bluetooth headset I use I feel I can get maybe 3-4 feet of usability before I get a large amount of static.

- Sound quality/earpiece. Again, I don't know if this is widespread, but I feel occasionally. Maybe 1 out of 20 calls I make are very choppy. For example, for every 3 seconds of air, 2 seconds are silent. I will notice this as soon as I make the call allowing me to hang up and dial again. It's not a Sprint problem either, because this never happened on my Treo 600 or on the other Treo 600 my girlfriend uses on my account.

So, my question is, would you ask for a replacement to your Treo 650 for these issues? Also, for those of you who have gotten replacements for your Treo 650 through palmOne, are they a pain? I refuse to go through Sprint for a replacement this time because Sprint didn't cause these problems, so I will only go through palmOne.

Thanks in advance!
    -M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    I would replace it. With the Shadowmite ROM, I have no issues at now.
    I would have it replaced solely on the dead pixel. Everyone has the P key issue so as long as it works I can't see returning it for that. The other stuff may be fixable with shadowmite's rom. As far as the bluetooth, i'm using the scala 500 and it works really well, but not in my house where there's a ton of interference like phones, wifi access points, bluetooth hubs, microwaves, etc. Out of the house it works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    The dead pixel would be enough for me. A $600 phone should be delivered without any defects. I'd get it replaced ASAP.
    I woulda been at the sprint store the next day. And whats the "p" key thing. mine works fine.
    Yeah, would definitely replace with the dead pixel.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I will request a replacement! Does anyone have any advice on how to request a replacement from palmOne? I purchased the phone through Sprint directly, but do not feel it's Sprint's issue and want palmOne to replace it. Sprint has been nothing but good to me. I also don't want to have to send my 650 back first and wait for a replacement, so any thoughts on how to get it replaced through palmOne?

Thanks again!
    -M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    One dead pixel! Of course replace it. And go to the store you bought it. Why sit around for the mail. Let them mail it. I'm about to replace a second one for the P key issue.