1.    #1  
    This may be old news but I just got my Treo a couple of weeks ago and noticed how weak the signal was compared to my previous Sprint phones. (One bar right here at my computer desk) Tonight I was messing around with the antenna and unscrewed it all the way just to look at it. When I put it back in there, I had an extra bar showing for signal strength....Coincidence? I don't think so. I took it out again and wiped it off with a dry cloth and there was a bunch of black stuff on the cloth...kinda like how tarnish looks when you clean brass. Well, I put it back in after a thorough cleaning and how bout it....3 bars.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you too.

Interesting find. Thanks for the info. It was obviously not making good contact. Another plus for PalmOne QC, ... not.

I also noticed my T650 had 2 bars when my GF's Sanyo camera phone on Sprint had 3 or 4. But they both worked the same way. I dropped only one or two calls when I was at a store in the mall. So, I did not think of the Antenna contacts being dirty on a band new phone.

Good job.