1.    #1  
    as I know 650 use flash memory and memory system have bug cause
    internal memory size is small , compare with treo600 ..
    palmOne not fix this bug , but send 128M SD card .. but I think
    why not increase internal 650 flash memory size ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2000a
    as I know 650 use flash memory and memory system have bug cause
    internal memory size is small , compare with treo600 ..
    palmOne not fix this bug , but send 128M SD card .. but I think
    why not increase internal 650 flash memory size ?
    Because its much easier for P1 to send you an SD card to use than it is for them to send you a 64 or 128MB RAM chip to solder onto your board.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The best thing (yes, I know I'm dreaming) is if palmOne shipped anyone who wanted an "upgraded" Treo 650 with 256MB internal memory as long as you paid shipping for that and for the return of your current Treo 650.

I would do that.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Sorry, I think you got that incorrect. The BEST thing is if they ship you one w/ 2GB of internal memory! Of course you would have to pay for shipping and all.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I was wondering the same thing. If you have the technical backround to do it, I don't see why soldering a higher memory would be a problem besides voiding warranty. T5 shares similar hardware and it has 256 of RAM. I'm assuming the Treo can handle this as well.
    Well, this is one topic that got beat to death earlier. Bottom line is that PalmOne decided to give us a memory solution with triple or quadruple or better redundancy that would make the good people at NASA proud. You see, if your battery goes dead, and you don't have a spare, or you are too slow to replace it in the 2 or 3 minutes you could have been covered by storage capacitor, or you don't want to bother with replacing an extra battery for keeping the memory alive every 3 or 4 years, and you never hotsync, and you don't use a program like BackupMan to back stuff up to an SD card which you need to have anyway for the limited memory, well, then, my friend, you are absolutely covered by the nonvolatile memory PalmOne has so graciously given you. Stop being a bunch of whiny, unappreciative children, would you please!!!!??

Sorry, I'm a little tired this morning...had a few parties to attend last night...
    Haha that would be so cool if they shipped those 2 gigers out and we payed shipping.. DAMN, we're dreaming!
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]