Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    PalmOne was hasty in releasing the T650, possibly under pressure from Sprint. I was very disappointed that a desktop cradle was not included, and that nearly ALL accessories are just beginning to trickle down from 5rd party vendors; nothing in the sprint stores, zero, zilch. I am just as disappointed that good TreoCentral users have to find fixes for this phone while both Sprint and PalmOne refuse to acknowledge such problems.

    The T650 is Palm's flagship. You would expect them to treat it and its customers as such, but customer satisfaction does not seem to be a real issue with them.

    This is one of the reasons I returned my T650 today. I refuse to be PalmOne and Sprint's guinnea pig. I'm still gonna hang out here as the forum is extremely informative.

    Okay. My sermon is over. Wait till I step down from my mount
  2. #2  
    Sorry to hear that, but to each his own.

    I've been...oh, 95% satisfied with my 650/Sprint experience so far.

    Hardware wise, I've had some issues, but I've gone through 3com Palms, Philips Ninos, HP Jornadas, Casios, Audiovox Maestros, and a Toshibe 750, and they've all had something that needed to be tweaked. I guess I've come to expect these things so I'm not as irate over them.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    PalmOne was hasty in releasing the T650, possibly under pressure from Sprint. I was very disappointed that a desktop cradle was not included, and that nearly ALL accessories are just beginning to trickle down from 5rd party vendors; nothing in the sprint stores, zero, zilch. I am just as disappointed that good TreoCentral users have to find fixes for this phone while both Sprint and PalmOne refuse to acknowledge such problems.

    The T650 is Palm's flagship. You would expect them to treat it and its customers as such, but customer satisfaction does not seem to be a real issue with them.

    This is one of the reasons I returned my T650 today. I refuse to be PalmOne and Sprint's guinnea pig. I'm still gonna hang out here as the forum is extremely informative.

    Okay. My sermon is over. Wait till I step down from my mount
    It couild be worse. It is much worse if you need a 650 GSM. Crappy or otherwise, we cannot get one. We agree with you that P1 are sleaze.
  4. #4  
    ...but don't think I could give it up. I am EXTREMELY angry over the poor integration of Bluetooth (just the volume issue alone), I mean, LG got it right in their friggin' phone! Still, I've looked at the 6601 as a viable option, but can't stand the thought of switching OS' (among my circle of peers I AM the palm guru) and it was really the only device I've seen that made me seriously consider it. Although I must admit that Samsung with the slide out keyboard dealy looks intriging (the model escapes me). Over all, even as angry as the Bluetooth (not to mention the memory) I guess I'm just to much of a consumer ***** to give it up, but more power to you my establishment fighting friend. Maybe you'll get results where we drones couldn't. Fight on my brother, fight on.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5. #5  
    Why are you so upset?

    It's not like you bought a $600 pda/phone...

    Oh wait a minute...you did.

    I have a love/hate with my Treset (I don't call it a Treo anymore - it's a "Treset" because the friggin' thing resets several times a day)

    I really like some things, but the slow phone performance (unusable...had to switch to a "real" phone), the crappy Bluetooth, and freakin' resets and hangs are really annoying....huge time waster.

    This is a big. expensive beta-test.

    It's like a chick who is hot in bed, but always wants to talk about inane stuff in a grating voice.

    As the saying goes "How much not to talk?"; for Palm it's "How much for a stable, working device?"
  6. #6  
    p1 cant win. people are mad because they feel like the sprint version too quickly and the rest of you are mad because you cannot get a gsm version. any of you guys every wait for a samsung phone to get release?
    Carl
  7. #7  
    The GSM Treset will be plagued by the same problems.

    This isn't a Sprint thing...it's P1 issue. (or more directly the crappy Palm 5.x OS).
  8. #8  
    Very happy customers here. My wife and I both have one. Love the Zen of Palm....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    p1 cant win. people are mad because they feel like the sprint version too quickly and the rest of you are mad because you cannot get a gsm version. any of you guys every wait for a samsung phone to get release?
    What does winning look like from where you sit? If I am in a contest with P1, and that is how it feels, they must be winning; I know that I am not.
    Last edited by whmurray; 01/21/2005 at 08:17 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Actually, I'm not upset, nor am I new to product and service quality problems. I think the experience with the T650 "beta" for 3 weeks was great. I got to finally join TreoCentral and see what other geeks say and do, and learned a great deal in the process of asking and answering questions.

    I got a full refund, and kept a free gift. Not sure how much Sprint will credit me on the service plan since my purchase was not directly from them, and I'm still in the process of porting my number to Cingular.

    A new Moto V551 BT enabled phone is on the way for free, joined the 450 minutes Nationawide rollover for $39.95 and MEdia works for 19.95. It will be my backup phone, and I have plenty of time to shop for a good unlocked GSM phone (Palm or PPC makes no big difference), as long it is not a "beta."
  11. #11  
    I miss Handspring...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    I miss Handspring...
    The Prism is still the best PDA (most functional/practical) that I've had to date. Still haven't been able to part with it ... sigh
  13. #13  
    Although I decided to keep my 650, I feel much the same way. This is my first phone/pda combo and my first new Palm since a 2.5 year old Clie. The phone app is slow as can be, bluetooth is a pain, although an HBH-660 + BTMute have helped, and Versamail is nearly worthless. The only thing that kept me from returning the 650 is Chatter - I don't understand why Palm can't get an email solution that works as well as Chatter... oh well...
  14. #14  
    jeez, I can't figure out why so many people are reporting issues and i've hardly had any. I owned a PPC for a while and had just as many, if not more issues and it didn't even have a phone integrated.

    Resets are interesting, but 95% of mine have been specific to my applications. I've been able to identify why they are happening pretty well. I tend to avoid unstable apps, as i do on my laptop. The ones that I can't explain happen very infrequently.

    I have had ZERO bluetooth issues. I successfully use a bluetooth headset (scala 500- there is interference in my house, but volume levels are perfect), bluetooth gps(delorme bluelogger), Shadowmite's Bluetooth DUN(albeit it's quirky), and Bluetooth Hotsync to my laptop. The only thing I can't get working is reverse DUN, but that has to do with my lan.

    As for build quality issues, yeah my p key feels different but it hasn't given me any indication that it's gonna fail. One crit about build is that the device is VERY slippery in my hand so egrips or a case is a must.

    Phones app slowness... This i don't get at all. It takes about 1.5 seconds to begin to dial a contact. Maybe my perspective is screwy but that doesn't sound unreasonable.
    I will say, i only have about 50 contacts so maybe it's an issue if you have a ton.

    I don't feel like a beta tester at all. The phone has worked very well for me. Contact info has integrated perfectly with my gps so far. GPS has never crashed and i've loaded large maps including topo ones. Game emulators work pretty well, resets only happen when loading certain roms. Video playback is stable and impressive. Blazer and vision work very well. VNCing to my pc's works fine. Finally all my bluetooth devices work perfectly.

    I'd say i'm a power user with almost no issues. I'd love to mess with some of these problem phones to really understand if it's user failure, or if some phones are just flakier than others.

    -BT
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by YonksMan
    The Prism is still the best PDA (most functional/practical) that I've had to date. Still haven't been able to part with it ... sigh
    Hey. I've got a bunch of Sprint Phone Springboard Modules that make that Visor like a 650!

    I had one too- it was great until I broke it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    What does winning look like from where you sit? If I am in a contest with P1, and that is how it feels, they must be winning; I know that I am not.
    Someone will always be upset with releases, too soon, or too late. The thing I dont get is no one makes us buy this stuff. We have lots of choices. Personally I dont like Samsung device, or how long it appears to me they take to release products. But I would not call them sleeze. I vote with the only way businesses care, I choose not to buy their products. I have purchased PPC phones as well. I did not care for them. For my money, it is a Palm based phone, and the Treo is the king of the hill. If you think P1 is sleeze, then why support sleeze?
    Carl
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I really like some things, but the slow phone performance (unusable...had to switch to a "real" phone), the crappy Bluetooth, and freakin' resets and hangs are really annoying....huge time waster.
    What's so crappy about Bluetooth? It works great for sending files, syncing, using a BT headset. How does Palm's BT become any worse than what I have on my XP machine?
  18. #18  
    You're probably not trying to talk to anyone on your XP box.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    ... I returned my T650 today. ... I'm still gonna hang out here as the forum is extremely informative.
    It's been nice having you around, and I'm glad you are still going to hang around, even though you ditched the phone. I'm currently on a Treo 600 which I'm pretty happy with. Yeah, I wish I had WiFi, and yes it was promised, but I moved up the the 600 as a warranty replacement for my 300, so at least I don't feel "ripped off". If you end up not liking the PPC, maybe you'll consider finding a 600 for cheap and coming back. If your experiences on the PPC are good, definitely let us know. Good luck with your new phone!

    -- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    jeez, I can't figure out why so many people are reporting issues and i've hardly had any.
    Some of us are more picky that others. Some of us notice things more than others because we use our gadgets more.

    As long as we're all happy, no harm is done
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions