Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    It's been nice having you around, and I'm glad you are still going to hang around, even though you ditched the phone. I'm currently on a Treo 600 which I'm pretty happy with. Yeah, I wish I had WiFi, and yes it was promised, but I moved up the the 600 as a warranty replacement for my 300, so at least I don't feel "ripped off". If you end up not liking the PPC, maybe you'll consider finding a 600 for cheap and coming back. If your experiences on the PPC are good, definitely let us know. Good luck with your new phone!

-- Bob
    Thanks, Bob. I'm touched. A certain PDAPhoneHome user told me to go back to TreoCentral cuz I complimented TC on users' quick response and struck a nerve with him. LMAO.

If the PPC6601 does not work out then I'll start using a string and two cans to communicate
    I owned 4 treo 600 ( that went bad) that was made and designed by Handspring. I feel that the Treo 650 is a MUCH better phone then the Treo 600. It appears to me that a few of us on here has a very short memory on the quality control of the Treo 600.

just my 2 cents

Kev
  3.    #23  
    Well, I have no memory of any Treo's. The T650 was my first phone from PalmOne.

The only other smartphone I had was the Kyocera 7135 by Verizon, great phone, ancient Palm 4 PDA, and lousy processor at 33MHZ---> forget web browsing
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    p1 cant win. people are mad because they feel like the sprint version too quickly and the rest of you are mad because you cannot get a gsm version. any of you guys every wait for a samsung phone to get release?
    Ohhhhh yes! One that I believe you're familiar with: the i550. I have a 650 only because I gave up waiting on that vaporware.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I was very disappointed that a desktop cradle was not included, and that nearly ALL accessories are just beginning to trickle down from 5rd party vendors
    Amen! How long does it take to make a damn cradle anyway? Can't be that difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    PalmOne was hasty in releasing the T650, possibly under pressure from Sprint. I was very disappointed that a desktop cradle was not included, and that nearly ALL accessories are just beginning to trickle down from 5rd party vendors; nothing in the sprint stores, zero, zilch. I am just as disappointed that good TreoCentral users have to find fixes for this phone while both Sprint and PalmOne refuse to acknowledge such problems.

The T650 is Palm's flagship. You would expect them to treat it and its customers as such, but customer satisfaction does not seem to be a real issue with them.

This is one of the reasons I returned my T650 today. I refuse to be PalmOne and Sprint's guinnea pig. I'm still gonna hang out here as the forum is extremely informative.

Okay. My sermon is over. Wait till I step down from my mount
    We all read the reviews for the Treo650 before we bought the phone. And you didn't, shame on your for not reading reviews before purchasing a $600 device. I'm glad that p1 released the phone. You could have waited till the first update was released. That is an option. Most businesses don't switch operating systems until the first service patch. You could have taken the same approach with your phone.

A desktop cradle has NEVER been included for a treo. This is not a palm PDA.

good luck with your new phone. The treo is not yet ready for all.
    I am happy with the camera on the 650, over my 600
    I am happy with the screen on the 650, over my 600
    I am happy with the bluetooth, pretty much on the 650, over my 600

I can't stay connected to vision, never an issue on my 600
    Takes too long to dial a number, never an issue with the 600
    Memory issue really bugs me...
    I will keep it, but I agree PalmOne, Sprint where are the fixes for this 600.00 phone!!!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    I miss Handspring...
    Me too. By the way, I like your avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Huh?? What's your point? They do MAKE (or are allegedly making) a cradle for it, yet they didn't include one - like they do with other Palm PDAs that they make. Palm NEVER included built-in wireless with their devices... that is, until they did.

Are you being funny and I just missed it?
    I don't think they should include a cradle. Just like other Treos, it makes sense to let the people who want a cradle buy one, and the people who don't want a cradle don't need to pay for one.

But I'm pretty pissed off that it's been months now and they still can't even ship the damn cradle! Not including it is fine. Not having it available at all is totally unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    jeez, I can't figure out why so many people are reporting issues and i've hardly had any. I owned a PPC for a while and had just as many, if not more issues and it didn't even have a phone integrated.
    Same here! Not that this is a fair comparison but I used to own an iPaq and the thing was more trouble than it was worth.

Resets are interesting, but 95% of mine have been specific to my applications. I've been able to identify why they are happening pretty well. I tend to avoid unstable apps, as i do on my laptop. The ones that I can't explain happen very infrequently.
    Ditto - Do unto your PDA as you would have done unto your computer!

I have had ZERO bluetooth issues. I successfully use a bluetooth headset (scala 500- there is interference in my house, but volume levels are perfect), bluetooth gps(delorme bluelogger), Shadowmite's Bluetooth DUN(albeit it's quirky), and Bluetooth Hotsync to my laptop. The only thing I can't get working is reverse DUN, but that has to do with my lan.
    I had lots of issues with my Jabra BT200 but when I got the Scala 500 they all went away! Hotsync works great over BT with my Powerbook. My only pet peve is that I can't hotsync if the power on my Scala is on.

As for build quality issues, yeah my p key feels different but it hasn't given me any indication that it's gonna fail. One crit about build is that the device is VERY slippery in my hand so egrips or a case is a must.
    I don't even get this one...my 'p' key is fine. I think we all tend to nit-pick more when the device costs more.

Phones app slowness... This i don't get at all. It takes about 1.5 seconds to begin to dial a contact. Maybe my perspective is screwy but that doesn't sound unreasonable.
    I will say, i only have about 50 contacts so maybe it's an issue if you have a ton.
    Not unreasonable but certainly a sign of some bad code. I'm guessing this will be fixed in a future patch. It probably shouldn't have made it out the door this way. Maybe Shadowmite will have a patch soon?

I don't feel like a beta tester at all. The phone has worked very well for me. Contact info has integrated perfectly with my gps so far. GPS has never crashed and i've loaded large maps including topo ones. Game emulators work pretty well, resets only happen when loading certain roms. Video playback is stable and impressive. Blazer and vision work very well. VNCing to my pc's works fine. Finally all my bluetooth devices work perfectly.
    I don't either. Aside from some slow vision provisioning on Sprint's end and compatibilities with Jabra I am satisfied. I certainly won't blame P1 for issues that are connected to 3rd party apps.

I'd say i'm a power user with almost no issues. I'd love to mess with some of these problem phones to really understand if it's user failure, or if some phones are just flakier than others.

-BT
    Here here!

That is why I post questions to treocentral... to find out if it is a know app issue, user error or, rtfm

Larry
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    We all read the reviews for the Treo650 before we bought the phone. And you didn't, shame on your for not reading reviews before purchasing a $600 device. I'm glad that p1 released the phone. You could have waited till the first update was released. That is an option. Most businesses don't switch operating systems until the first service patch. You could have taken the same approach with your phone.

good luck with your new phone. The treo is not yet ready for all.
    LOL, it was mainly Cnet and PC mag reviews that convinced me to buy the T650. I agree, and have never subjected myself in the past to being the first to use an expensive product, that the first batch of any product usually have unworked out quirks, and waiting for a better build is the better approach.

As for the cradle, and it was not the deal breaker, why is it too much to expect it to be included? Why must we all abide by Handspring/Palm unwriteen rules? My Kyocera and my PPC6601 both came with cradles. I think Palmone should emulate others, not the other way around. A free 128 MB SD card is not a good apology. lol

No, I guess the Treo650 was not ready for me. LOL. I wanted more than it could offer. I liked lots of things in it, the simplicity, size, even the tiny keyboard with the soft "P" key

Well, I'm still here and I'm not trying to force my newly found toy, PPC6601, on anyone. I do find TreoCentral to be a lively forum with lots of pleasant people, some of whom are quite knowledgeable. I frequent other forums, but you TreoLanders are the best
    Shadowmite's Bluetooth DUN(albeit it's quirky), and Bluetooth Hotsync to my laptop. The only thing I can't get working is reverse DUN, but that has to do with my lan.

What is "reverse DUN"? Using your laptops internet connection to browse with your Treo? I didn't even know this was an option....

Any info anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1
    What is "reverse DUN"? Using your laptops internet connection to browse with your Treo? I didn't even know this was an option....

Any info anyone?
    You could do a search for "reverse dun" or just try here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=reverse+dun

-Shawn
    Thanks, sbrixy - I'm new at this. Appreciate the patience-
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12